• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Unable to migrate from DirectAdmin on an Ubuntu 20 server.

MarkLFT

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
I am looking to move out hosting clients from a DirectAdmin server to a new Plesk installation. However, when I try to use the Migrator, I receive a fatal error stating;

Failed to deploy Python on source server
Cause: Source server OS 'ubuntu 20 x86_64' on the source server 'directadmin' (ip address) is not supported
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

I have installed version2.24.1-1089 on the Migrator, which appears to be the latest version.

Ubuntu 20 LTS has been out for around 3 years, so I presume if it is not supported by now, it never will be. Is that a fair assumption?

That being the case, other than site by site, email by email, which is not an acceptable solution, how can I migrate those domains?

Hi @MarkLFT, thank you for posting. Indeed, the scenario is unsupported. Your options to workaround are to either migrate using YAML or JSON files as described in Migrating From a Linux Server With Custom Hosting or to use the free Website Importer extension Importing Websites. This also adds the email import feature.

I have an extra solution for you, too, that might work. It's not guaranteed, but you could try it:
Edit the file /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/custom/actions/deploy_migrator_python.py and add this line to the supported Debian/Ubuntu sources:
(OSName.OS_UBUNTU, '20'): ('focal', 'PMM_0.1.11'),

So that the complete block would be
Code:
        debian_oses = {
            (OSName.OS_DEBIAN, '6'): ('squeeze', 'debian/PMM_0.1.10'),
            (OSName.OS_DEBIAN, '7'): ('wheezy', 'debian/PMM_0.1.10'),
            (OSName.OS_DEBIAN, '8'): ('jessie', 'PMM_0.1.11'),
            (OSName.OS_DEBIAN, '9'): ('stretch', 'PMM_0.1.11'),
            (OSName.OS_DEBIAN, '10'): ('buster', 'PMM_0.1.11'),
            (OSName.OS_UBUNTU, '12'): ('precise', 'ubuntu/PMM_0.1.10'),
            (OSName.OS_UBUNTU, '14'): ('trusty', 'ubuntu/PMM_0.1.10'),
            (OSName.OS_UBUNTU, '16'): ('xenial', 'PMM_0.1.11'),
            (OSName.OS_UBUNTU, '18'): ('bionic', 'PMM_0.1.11'),
            (OSName.OS_UBUNTU, '20'): ('focal', 'PMM_0.1.11'),
        }
Now, again, this has not been tested, it's a dirty hack, but you can try it at your own risk.

@Peter Debik, many thanks fo the suggestion regarding the adding of focal into the "acceptable" list. I tried this but received a different message. Perhaps you can shed some light on the possible causes.

Failed to deploy Python on source server
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /home/mark/.ssh/id_rsa -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20230831021620/ssh_upload.1 mark@ipdaddress:/etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-migrator.list
exit code: 23
stdout:
stderr: rsync: mkstemp "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/.plesk-migrator.list.uFKBwq" failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1207) [sender=3.1.3]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

Here it seems that some permissions are missing on the source server. Are you connecting as "root"? Then all permissions should be present. I suggest to please open a ticket with Plesk support https://support.plesk.com so that they can assist you further.

Back