• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Migration notes

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Hi - doing another migration from one Obsidian to another (both at latest versions)
So far I saw this in the logs..

IIS on Linux?

2023-06-29 09:40:23Info
log-collapse-icon.gif

Restore Apache restart interval
2023-06-29 09:40:24Info

Force Apache restart
2023-06-29 09:40:29Info

Restart IIS for IDN domains
2023-06-29 09:40:29Error

Failed to perform action: Restart IIS for IDN domains
2023-06-29 09:40:29Info

Process subscription for x.com

Likewise default DNS template of Obsidian should have pop, pop3, smtp and imap prefixes like:
pop3.<domain>. <ip>
Most mail clients require/assume this..

I'll keep appending here, the issues I see with the migration tool.. This happened when migrating a domain today:

Failed to perform an action on subscription 'ispanyol.com': Unable to create add-on domain 'italyan.com' in subscription 'ispanyol.com': Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code. command: /usr/local/psa/bin/domain --create italyan.com -webspace-name ispanyol.com -do-not-apply-skeleton -skip-plan -notify false -guid 4ce6bfac-cfd7-4e47-b9c2-1e1e9da3a395 -creation-date 2022-08-23 -ignore-nonexistent-options exit code: 255 stdout: stderr: [2023-06-29 18:16:17.534] 24468:649da03c342bd ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/glmng' '--enable-greylisting'] with exit code [255] An error occurred during domain creation: Cannot enable greylisting for domain (id: 18): glmng failed: Unable to execute updating GL mode for local domains query: database schema has changed [2023-06-29 18:16:28.345] 24468:649da03c342bd ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/glmng' '--enable-greylisting'] with exit code [255] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PleskUtilException: glmng failed: Unable to execute updating GL mode for local domains query: database schema has changed in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent.php:159 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Mail/Server/GreyList/Manager.php(1039): Service_Agent->execAndGetResponse('glmng', Array, 'italyan.com') #1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Mail/Server/GreyList/Manager.php(92): Mail_Server_GreyList_Manager->_exec('enable-greylist...', Array, Array) #2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Mail/Server/GreyList/Manager.php(63): Mail_Server_GreyList_Manager->_processDomainBatch('enable-greylist...', Array) #3 [internal function]: Mail_Server_GreyList_Manager->processBatch() #4 {main} thrown in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent.php on line 159

The italyan.com has mail service in Not configured mode.. no gray listing.. don't think I ever used it in fact!

Once I enabled the mail service of italyan.com , the migration completed successfully. It seems there is a migration issue with domains where the mail service is in "Not Configured" mode..

If a site has two SSL certificates with the SAME name, PLESK sometimes picks the wrong certificate..

I found a big one:

I have two "tun" interfaces created by the OpenVPN server on the same machine as PLESK.
PLESK insists on adding their IP's to the "IP Addresses" list in Tools. They cannot be removed! (PLESK says "they are the only IP's of these interfaces, blah blah)
The downside is, if the OpenVPN server is down, restarting nginx causes "IP address not available to bind to" -- or something like that. NGINX WON'T start!

This bug report reminded me of this funny meme. Hopefully not too inapporpriate:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-16 at 14.17.42.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-16 at 14.17.42.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 3
I have two "tun" interfaces created by the OpenVPN server on the same machine as PLESK.
PLESK insists on adding their IP's to the "IP Addresses" list in Tools. They cannot be removed! (PLESK says "they are the only IP's of these interfaces, blah blah)
The downside is, if the OpenVPN server is down, restarting nginx causes "IP address not available to bind to" -- or something like that. NGINX WON'T start!
Are these IP addresses really missing from configuration files when OpenVPN does not run? I'd guess that normally the configuration files are not touched, just the service may be offline. If an issue can be reproduced, then maybe filing a report with steps to reproduce would be good.

Are these IP addresses really missing from configuration files when OpenVPN does not run? I'd guess that normally the configuration files are not touched, just the service may be offline. If an issue can be reproduced, then maybe filing a report with steps to reproduce would be good.
When the OpenVPN tasks are not running, the devices. the interfaces disappear.. I believe they are tun0 and tun1..
IMHO we should be able to stop them from being added to the list of IP's on the server, or have the ability to remove them.

Regards. -t

You could try to add the IPs to panel.ini editor as follows:

Code:
[ip]
blacklist="<IP addresses to be hidden>"

That way Plesk should ignore them.

Today is the first "production" day of the server, when everyone comes back from the vacation. Wow, it's busy!
I already got 5 whatsapp messages from people not being able to send mail out.
It turns out the default /etc/postfix/master.conf contains
submission...... smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
whereas it should be
submission.... smtpd_tls_security_level=may

so that people that selected "plain text" for email sending CAN actually send mail out.
My email program was set to STARTTLS so I never noticed the problem.

Perhaps the migration tool could check for this -- if it's set to 'may', copy it as such to the new server.

So far 1 migrated email account had NO password defined at the new server. the account existed, but blank password. something must have gone wrong during the migration..
I assigned a new password and now it works fine.

You could try to add the IPs to panel.ini editor as follows:

Code:
[ip]
blacklist="<IP addresses to be hidden>"

That way Plesk should ignore them.
Perhaps PLESK should never add Local IP's (172.16,10.x., 192.168.x) to its IP list? Or is that too radical?

Back