• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration - SB Linux

M

mnelson

Hello

We have three Linux servers running sitebuilder, and we are planning to migrate our data onto new servers.

Old servers:

Redhat Enterprise 3
Sitebuilder 2.1.0

New servers:

CentOS 4.3 (same as Redhat Enterprise 4.3)
Sitebuilder 2.1.3

Right now I have just a bare install of sitebuilder 2.1.3 on the new servers. My question is how to migrate the data?
I am trying to set up a methodology to do this, starting with the most lightly-loaded server.

SWSoft support advised me to do a full backup of the old sitebuilder installation (using the built-in backup facility), then restore that backup to the new server. I am not sure that works... because I am running a newer version of sb on the new servers than on the old ones.

Has anyone here done a migration like this? To make matters worse, I am the new sysadmin here and was not the one who originally set the old servers up, and that person is no longer available to me.

Help / advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
Michael

Originally posted by mnelson

We have three Linux servers running sitebuilder, and we are planning to migrate our data onto new servers.

Old servers:
Redhat Enterprise 3
Sitebuilder 2.1.0

New servers:
CentOS 4.3 (same as Redhat Enterprise 4.3) Sitebuilder 2.1.3

Right now I have just a bare install of sitebuilder 2.1.3 on the new servers. My question is how to migrate the data?
I am trying to set up a methodology to do this, starting with the most lightly-loaded server.

Help / advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
Michael

In this situation there can be two different cases.

1. On old server you have 2.1.0 version with some users and sites. On new server you have fresh 2.1.3 installation. In this case you should
* upgrade 2.1.0 to the latest update 2.1.3
* backup users sites SB_ROOT/htdocs/user directory
* backup SB_ROOT/include/config.php file
* backup SB_ROOT/htdocs/repository folder
* backup Sitebuilder database
* transfer it all to the new server and restore into appropriate location.

2. Old server has 2.1.0 installation with own sites and users and new server has 2.1.3 with it's own sites and users.

In this case migration is too complicated because old Sitebuilder has own sites and records in database and new one has it's own. Sites data can be moved without any problems but records in database should be combined.

Thanks for the answer. Too bad it took 7 months to get an answer to the question. I solved it long ago without swsoft's help.

Originally posted by mnelson
Thanks for the answer. Too bad it took 7 months to get an answer to the question. I solved it long ago without swsoft's help.

Unfortunately, 7 month ago forum was monitored rarely and some of the posts were skipped. Right now I'm trying to be in touch with Sitebuilder customers and visit forum almost every day.

Back