• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration & Transfer Manager Missing

Hi Aleksey,

I wrote about the new Migration Manager here:
http://talk.plesk.com/threads/migration-manager-broken-in-plesk-12-5-30.335849

Basically what takes way too long on our server was this command (on source):
/opt/plesk/python/2.7/bin/python /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules//panel-migrator/plesk-migrator generate-migration-list /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20151118100919/config.ini --skip-services-checks --async

It seems to read the whole /var/www/vhosts/. I just killed it nicely and the migration continued.

Hi Aleksey,

Can you tell me if this will be fixed? My migrations to Plesk 12.5 are on hold right now because this doesn't work for us, but I would like to continue them.

Update:
Actually it's not a very big problem. I disable all checks for command line migrations anyway.

Last edited:
Hello!

Today we have published Plesk Migrator 1.3.23, where Hosting Analyser (the most resource consuming action) was turned off by default in case of using GUI. Hosting Analyser - is the algorithm of detecting the best strategy of copy content operation. It could significantly improve performance of content copying, but is not necessary for migration itself. In future Hosting Analyser will be reworked to run asynchronously and turned on back. If you want to turn it off using CLI, you just need to append this option into [GLOBAL] section of config.ini:

[GLOBAL]
use-hosting-analyser: False

I keep hitting this error:

[INFO] START: Fetch information from target servers
[2015-12-31 04:01:00][ERROR] Failed to perform action: Fetch information from target servers
Cause: not well-formed (invalid token): line 85, column 42
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

I've tried cli and from plesk. The line and column differs on the different domains, but it doesn't say in what file it finds the error. If I have multiple domains in the dump, it will not tell me which domain fails either.

Hello!

Looks like your target Plesk API-RPC works wrong: such issue could be caused by non-UTF-8 symbols in XML response. You can see request and response in debug log - file named debug.log in your migration session directory:

/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/<session_name>/debug.log

If you provide this file to me (via private conversation, because this file may contain sensitive data) I can help you to detect an issue and suggest a solution.

I sent you a pm with the log. I noted that some of the domains that fail are old accounts, which means that they did not originate on that server, but where migrated there at some point.

Run Plesk autoinstaller and select 'Plesk migration manager' component for installation:

For Linux:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current

For Windows:

"%plesk_bin%\ai.exe" --select-product-id panel --select-release-current --console

Hello Aleksey,

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/panel-migrator/plesk-migrator transfer-accounts --skip-services-checks

this works fine for me but what command I have to use if I would to migrate just only one client or one domain? I work with PLESK 12.5

best regards
Holger

First you generate a migration list:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/panel-migrator/plesk-migrator generate-migration-list --skip-services-checks

And then you can edit this list:
nano /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/migration-session/migration-list

And after that you migrate:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/panel-migrator/plesk-migrator transfer-accounts --skip-services-checks --skip-services-checks --skip-infrastructure-checks

Note: I'm skipping every check because all my servers are the same and they can take a lot of time.

Haha you are right, that's a lot of skipping.
For me, I wanted to skip disk-space checking, because I know the accounts will fit on the new server, I dont need Plesk to check how big a domain is when I know it's 500 GB's, taking a few hours to calculate.
Also, we dont use Bind on the new servers, so we have to skip those.

thx again :) currently I'am migrate from a ubuntu 14.04 Plesk 12.08 to ubuntu 14.04 Plesk 12.5 and it was terrifying... first try over the web interface caused many errors and the migrater stops with red errors.
After that i decided to try over the cli and the first time it seems to be work but a look onto the server console shows me all the vhosts depending on the wrong owners :-( in the web interface there was no errors! Everything was messed up. Now on the third try I being migrate customer by customer and now it works.

I don't know what thing goes wrong today..

Back