• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Migrationg web only data from Plesk 9 to Plesk 11

andrelop

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm trying to migrate website data from Plesk 8 (edit : not 9, as stated in thu subject) to Plesk 11. Ideally, I would like to migrate clients, domains and the associated data of these domains's websites. I don't want e-mail and database data to be migrated. I have already tried to use the Transfer Manager Utility and manually tried to use pleskbackup and pleskrestore. Using CLI (pleskbackup/pleskrestore) would be the preferred way. However, pleskbackup doesn't seem to have an option to not back up database and mail data. Even if I create a full backup under Plesk 8, pleskrestore from Plesk 11 doesn't seem to have an option not to restore database and mail data.
Does someone know if this could be done using Plesk tools/utilities ?

I think that it is impossible to migrate domains partially due to different internal dependences between sites content and corresponding databases and mail services.
As possible workaround you can just create the same domains on new Plesk and then move content of sites manually from old Plesk.

IgorG,

Actually, if I can get the data to be migrated and stored at the right servers the partial migration wouldn't be needed at all. At the Plesk 11 (destination) server we have an additional external MySQL server configured to be used as the default MySQL server. The MySQL databases created manually through the Plesk Web admin interface are correctly created at the external MySQL server. However, no matter how much I tried to modify the mapping file and point the databases do the external MySQL server they are always migrated to the local MySQL instance running under the Plesk 11 server.

Do you know if it's really possible to deploy the databases under the external MySQL server using pleskrestore and a properly configured mapping file ?

My problem is not exactly the one described at http://kb.parallels.com/en/114045, so the workarounds described there wouldn't work for me. These workarounds are for the case where remote databases are used both on the source and on the target Plesk servers. My problem are for databases migrated from local MySQL server on the source Plesk server which would need to be migrated to a remote MySQL server on the target Plesk server.

Just for information, my problem is not the same as described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/114045, so the workarounds described there doesn't work for me (I tried them already). The problem described at the URL is when one needs to migrate a database which is already on an external MySQL server in the source Plesk server. My problem is when I try to migrate a database which is local to the source Plesk server to a new Plesk server with an external connected MySQL server, which is where the database should be migrated to.

Back