• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

More DNS questions..

Did you go to your domain registrar company and create nameserver's for the domain, this is NOT the same as specifying nameservers for the domain to use.

Each registrar has a different procedure, but you should get to a screen where you can create new nameservers, where you would give it the name (ns, ns1, ns2...) and the IP addresses for them.

Until this is done (and propagated), the nameservers will not be accessible on the internet.

You need to click on something like "register name server" or "register DNS" Then you will need to add your desired naming convention and add the IPs. DO NOT create ns1 and ns2 A records that just point to the domain, that isn't considered proper

ns1.poo.com

ns2.poo.com

You will need to click on ["add name server" button] , then you should be able to specify which IP ns1 should be pointed to and so on.

Your registrar sounds kinda lame. You might need to actually ask them to create the ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com name servers for you. If so, they will ask you for the corresponding IP's. It's up to you to decide which ones you want. I noticed in your template you are using the same IP for ns1 and ns2....

If you are still having troubles, PM me, and I'll set you up on my two plesk name servers, ns1 and ns2.pleskfarm.com, if you'd like. Then you'll have DNS redundancy anyway :)

not a port issue.... You must register the name server before you use it as a name server. IP don't work as name servers.

I'm sure it's hidden somewhere really clever :D At this point i would send in a support request. Who did you say your registrar was again.... full URL please

If they handle your Virtual server then, I would imagine they could help you register your name servers. :( I don't know what else to tell ya man. Transfer your domain to a larger registrar :D

lata

Opps, I guess I misread...

Godaddy is your virtual server and easycgi.com has your domain registered?

If easycgi.com is your domain registrar, they would handle using that domain as a registered name server..

That was just one of the examples I found by searching their site. You, as a customer, should be able to get an answer from them directly.

It was not intended to have you transfer your domain to a different service.

It was intended to (hopefully) lead you to the place to click once you log into their site (which I cannot do since I do not have an account there).

I'm in a similar situation as the OP and have a similar question about nameservers/DNS's ... I hope you don't mind if I tack on to this thread?

New to Virtural servers, after years of letting others control my sites, I decided it was time I expanded and did it myself and new to Plesk and have been reading everyting there is at both sites. My Vitural server is at godaddy.com too ;)

This is what I did. I created a new domain name at GoDaddy and created name servers for it pointing to my ip address. Reg. them there so I think that will be ok and my new web url is coming up resolved.
ns1.collectibles-network.com
ns2.collectibles-network.com
I only have the one ip address, do I need a 2nd one?

I want this site to look like it is the main controlling site. But I have two other domains of my own and I'm going to move a friends site to my new VDS.

I then went to the site that one of my websites rootshunters.com is registered at and changed the name servers to
ns1.collectibles-network.com
ns2.collectibles-network.com

I just did this so I don't expect it to resolve that quickly. But what I want to know is do I now have to do something in my Plesk control panel under the DNS option for the rootshunters.com website?

Thanks, this is somewhat of a frustrating experience, but hopefully it will be worth it in the long run.

You will want to check under the DNS options for the rootshunters.com in the control panel and make sure it lists ns1.collectibles-network.com and ns2.collectibles-network.com as it's nameservers.

I cannot comment further since you have not posted the complete DNS entries for rootshunters.com.

There are many threads recently where examples have been posted for what a domain's DNS entries should look like.

Here is one (I think) is similar to your needs:

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?postid=118116&highlight=DNS+AND+example#post118116

and another

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?postid=117940&highlight=DNS+AND+example#post117940
http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?postid=117000&highlight=DNS+AND+example#post117000

Back