• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Most impressed!

TomBoB

Regular Pleskian
We usually flock to this forum for questions / to get ideas for problem solving.

Would like to share a *posiitive* experience :)

Client (buddy, but not business partner) orders domainabc.com . Sets it up, creates emails, loads Wordpress, has design almost finished.
Business meeting with his partners, they have a change of heart. Now want domainxyz.com instead. Ok, I register for them. - How to move website from one domain to another? Think down the line adding new subscription, loading Wordpress, using a cloning plugin / doing it manually.
Afterhours, 2 whiskeys later sitting with buddy, thinking to myself "it wouldn't be possible to just change the subscription, would it?". Some quick research, and we come across an old post of Igors from 2010 which explains: subscription - domain - hosting - change domain name. Wow, unbelievable!
But 2010 was before the days of Wordpress integration in Plesk. I really can't see that working. Quite certain it will break things.
Anyway, we go ahead and run a test on one of my test domains. Seems to work... Even Wordpress has adjusted itself to the new domain name.

Looking at each other, we decide to go ahead and try it on the live domain.

Sweating, we check out the change. Domain name changed, emails changed, even Wordpress changed and perfectly adjusted!
Not a hitch, not a glitch!!
Am most, most impressed!!

Igor, please pass a double thumbs up to development and the whole Plesk team!!

Back