• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Move domain content to new domain name on new server

itval

New Pleskian
Hi,

following scenario where I would need some advice on what to do in what order:

vserver1 with debian 9.12 has domain1 and subdomain.domain1 with plesk 8.0.25 web admin. Its content (wordpress, sql, ...) shall be moved to a vserver2 with debian 9.12 and new domain name domain2 and subdomain.domain2 on plesk 8.0.25 web admin edition.

The problem already starts when on vserver1 I use the "move domain" button. There is no available subscription....

Thank you for bringing light into the correct work order.

Lino

What about migration this domain with subdomain with Plesk Migrator? After that, you just rename domain1 to domain2 on target server.

that sounds great....

Installed Migrator and migration currently running. But how do you rename the subscription/domain afterwards? I could not find anything for that in Plesk.

fyi: on vserver2 there was no subscription available before migration started.

now the real troubles begin.... LOL

1) I reinitiated the SSL certificates for domain2 and subdomain.domain2, OK
2) when I lookup IP from vserver2 I get Plesk start page
3) when I lookup domain2 I get forwarded / see domain1.

Do I have to tell WP that it is now on domain2?

I changed with phpmyadmin directly on wp-sql db in table <your name>_options the fields home and siteurl to domain2.

now I can logon after 10 min of the change...

Last edited:
in WP use the plugin eg. velvet blues update urls and change everything with domain1 in it to domain2. Check your menues as well.

Back