• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

multiple ftp accounts?

bdee1

Basic Pleskian
how would i go about setting up an account with multiple ftp accounts? for instance, i know when i set up a site it automatically sets up a FTP account for the site, but what it the client wants 2 additional ftp accounts to use for file storage and transfers (whose home folders are outside the webroot)? where do i go in plesk to set that up?

Setup 2 new web users under the domain. This creates a folder in /web_uses/username that only they have access to via ftp.

thanks - i figured there was a simple way - but i am comign from HELM on a windows server and plesk is just a different way of thinking sometimes. just takes some getting used to.

it looks like creating a webuser creates an ftp account whose home folder is inside the webroot. so anything that the user uploads can be access via a web browser by going to www.mydomain.com/theuser.

i have clients who would like their ftp folder to be outside the webroot (i.e: not accessible via http, only via ftp) how would i do that?

it seems like it woudl be simpler if there was a way to create the users folder outside the webroot but i guess that would work.

Back