• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Multiple VMS Licenses Issue

mrashwan

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi

I want to know if there would be a conflict for the license of Plesk , as I'm taking a clone of the VM with operating system windows server 2012 r2 and upgrading it to windows server 2016 in a test environment , while the main in the production area is still on , as far as I know there's no multiple license available for the Plesk

Note that for both of the VMs have access to the internet one with public IP and the other one is with another IP not in the same subnet

As far as I know a license is not allowed to be used on more than one instance. If you clone/copy a server to another machine while you keep running to origin server you ought to use a trial license for you testing server.

Last edited:
As far as I know a license is not allowed to be used on more than one instance. If you clone/copy a server to another machine while you keep running to origin server you ought to use a tail license for you testing server.
Ok , so can I install the trial license manually instead of downloading the Plesk installer with a trial license in it , or if possible if I've already removed the license from the test server it activate a trial license

Back