• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL 4 problem

F

fdomartin

I updated MySQL 4.0.23a from ART and I have this problem when I make a new user from a database on Plesk 7.5.1

Unable to query: Unknown column 'Show_db_priv' in 'field list'

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/database_mysql.inc:2 psaerror(string "Unable to query: Unknown column 'Show_db_priv' in 'field list'")
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.DataBase.php3:2 database_mysql->useradd(string "smf", string "12345", string "plain")
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/db_usr_edit.php3:2 database->adduser(string "smf", string "12345")

I was found the answer on ART forum ;)

Run this:

mysql_fix_privilege_tables --user=admin --password=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

I also utilized ART's yum update to upgrade my MySQL and encountered the same error. Here is one solution I found after browsing through various forums:

Make sure the mysql service is running and run the following command:
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --user=admin --password=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

If I remember correctly you will receive several error messages that are benign in nature and hence can be ignored.

I'm not an expert on MySQL so I'm not in a position to offer a comprehensive explanation of why this command works or if it is the perfect solution for your problem, so please don't try it out on a production server without getting a second opinion.

--Oh well, it looks like the solution was found while I was drafting this post...

Back