• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Mysql - Database server version problem

C

CemC

Hi all,
I just want to check if anyone else is going through the same problem.

I have Plesk 10 and everything seems to be up an running without any problem for the last one month. My only problem is that under;

Home>Server Tools>Database Servers>

General
Database server type MySQL
Host name or IP address localhost
Port number 3306
Database server version 0 ------------> ??? actually it is 5.1.48-community
Use this server as default for MySQL Yes

This actually does not effect functionality in general as server version is displayed properly on phpmyadmin . This only causes problem when I try to add any application such as mambo, joomla etc as i receive the following error

Error: This application cannot be installed because its installation requirements are not met. Contact your hosting provider to resolve this issue.

Requirements
Database : mysql version 4.1.1

When I try to manually install them without plesk, it doesnt show mysql as an when I come to database section.

Does anyone have similar problem or a solution/workaround ? I'm using 64-bit windows and mysql is installed as a part of plesk installation.

Any help is greatly appreciated many thanks

APS broken feature in Plesk 10.1?

Same problem here:

Error: This application cannot be installed because its installation requirements are not met. Contact your hosting provider to resolve this issue.

Requirements
Database
mysql version 4.0.0

This occurs when logged in to the Plesk control panel as admin and trying to add an APS application (Wordpress) to a customer's site.

Isn't APS supposed to make it easier to install applications?

Just go to Server Components and click Refresh button.

i did try refreshing but there is no change

server components show even after refresh -

SQL Server MySQL 5.1.48

which is the correct information however

Home>Server Tools>Database Servers>

still shows 0 for server information for local mysql server

any more suggestions ?

btw - thank you for your help

I would like to try the same thing. Unfortunately, in Plesk 10.1 I don't even see any Server Components. Besides, in Plesk 9.5.4 the same thing happened.

Check the number of databases allocated to the subscription and that it hasn't reached it's limit.

For some reason, when the database limit has been reached this is the error message that Plesk outputs.

IgorG....would be good if you raised this as a bug with the development team.

Jon L,

Please follow to headers from my post without changing. And please create report in this thread instead creating new thread in wrong place.
Thank you. (It would be good if you remove created thread with report.)

So the bug is with Plesk but you want me to file the bug report in a forum for 3rd party software?

Plus you want it posted in the middle of a thread that misdescribes the bug and has a misleading title?

To be honest, I can't be bothered anymore as filing bug reports with Parallels is a waste of time. I've filed a few support tickets that have resulted in a bug being acknowledged and then the ticket is closed with no indication of when or even if the bug will be fixed.

What's the point? Do any bugs with Plesk ever get fixed?

So the bug is with Plesk but you want me to file the bug report in a forum for 3rd party software?

Plus you want it posted in the middle of a thread that misdescribes the bug and has a misleading title?

To be honest, I can't be bothered anymore as filing bug reports with Parallels is a waste of time. I've filed a few support tickets that have resulted in a bug being acknowledged and then the ticket is closed with no indication of when or even if the bug will be fixed.

What's the point? Do any bugs with Plesk ever get fixed?

+1

I have learned by now that any bugs in Plesk is, should and must be the customers problem. I have some really bad experiences with Parallels that are almost to incredible to be true, and when dealing with Parallels,

Last edited by a moderator:
+1

I have learned by now that any bugs in Plesk is, should and must be the customers problem. I have some really bad experiences with Parallels that are almost to incredible to be true, and when dealing with Parallels,

This sentence is suddenly just hanging in the air. Seems that someone decided to sensor my opinions of Parallels support, even though my previous post didn't contain any bad words. I will leave it at that for now. I really just wanted to say that I agree wth Jon L's post on February 3rd.

Back