• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mysql related questions

R

roberthov

hi. I have an account with 1&1 and it comes with windows web server 2008 r2 (64bit) with plesk panel 10.0.1 (<<fixed this)

I'm new to both plesk and VPS so i've been nosing around the server for past couple of days and i've noticed that plesk panel itself is running on mysql 4.1 version under
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\MySQL)

i was able to successfully update the mysql database version for
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL)
to mysql 5.5.9 by following the instructions at http://kb.odin.com/en/1077
I tried updating the plesk mysql version itself for Plesk\MySQL but ended up with php connection errors when trying to log in to plesk control panel. Luckly i had a backup for the whole mysql directory (not just the data folder) and i switched it back. I did stop the plesk sql service and the mysql service before proceeding. and restarted them afterwards.
For this one i used the msi installer for mysql so the data and port 8306 in my.ini wasn't modified (i checked via remote descktop)

The reason i want to update plesk mysql version is because the web app we're developing will be using plesk panels api to register domains for some of our customers. I want it to be able to handel a few thousand domains and at least twise as many subdomains without problems. (i'm just trying to get the environment set up correctly before i proceed)

Question #1) can the mysql version plesk is running on be updated, if so how?

question #2) i want to make mysql server on local machine to have a sub-domain (or dns?) such as mysql.mywebsite.com point to it.
Later on i will be getting a dedicated server just for the mysql database. I want to do this so that later the migration process will be hassle free. So instead of using localhost in my connection strings i want to use mysql.mywebsite.com. How do i go about this?

From what i understand , adding a database server from Home>Server Tools>Database Servers just adds a remote database server connection?

also. will using mysql.mywebsite.com pose a security risk even though the mysqlserver will be hosted on local machine?

and finally question #3.5 :p). I'm planning for a high number of page views on my main web site and subdomains and relatively lower on user web sites (on their own domain.com s).
What settings would you recommend that i use in "MySQL Server Instance Config Wizard" for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\MySQL

server machine with 400 connections?

Any other recommendations to modify the my.ini under C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\MySQL is also appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you find the solution of your problem, if yes then plz post it here so we can get know about that.

No, I didnt, and I'm kind of clueless about it

I was hoping that someone from parallels can give us an answer
(As we kinda pay a lot for Plesk unliited license to have a poor perfomance app)

Maybe we'll have an answer soon....

Back