• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MysqlDump error with mysql 5.6

jonesJunior3

New Pleskian
Hi

Backups are failing in plesk 11.5 on windows server 2012.
I have 2 instances of MySQL installed 5.1 and 5.6

backups fail on 5.6 with the following error

The mysqldump utility has returned '2'.
STDERR: mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SET OPTION SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE=1

this seems to be a bug with plesk using the wrrng mysqldump exe

please assist

Hi Igor

While I understand that this is a MySQL deprecation bug, the problem still lies with Plesk.
By default plesk installs 2 instance of MySQL
1) admin database = MySQL 4.1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\MySQL
2) client databases = MySQL 5.1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL51

in my installation I have a 3rd MySQL install
3) MySQL 5.6

Plesk doesn't give you the option to select which mysqldump.exe is used for which database. (it should really use the one in relation the path in the my.ini file)
I have tried replacing the mysqldump.exe in the client bin folder (2 above) and it still does not work.
The problem is plesk uses mysqldump.exe in the admin bin folder (1 above)

if I replace that one it throws a different error.

The plesk team need to provide a solution for this as it is not a MySQL Bug, but rather a deprecated instruction causing the problem.
My suggestion is either use the mysqldump file in relation to the my.ini file or allow the us to choose which mysqldump.exe is used under the database setup in the panel

So I have replaced the mysqldump.exe with a newer version and now I get this error on older databases

Couldn’t execute ‘SELECT @@GTID_MODE’: Unknown system variable ‘GTID_MODE’ (1193)

You get this message because MySQL Backup backup agent uses a newer version of mysqldump on your older version MySQL database , and your database server dose not support "GTIDs" .

GTIDs means Global Transaction Identifiers (GTIDs) , GTIDs make it simple to track and compare replication across a master-slave topology ,is introducted in MySQL 5.6 .

Since your server dose not support GTIDs , please add extra command "--set-gtid-purged=OFF" to the command line.

How do I get plesk to use this?
Please respond as this is a plesk bug!!!!!

Back