• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Name Server Setup on Windows VPS

Walid Ibrahim

New Pleskian
Dears,
I've roboticseg.com domain on Godaddy and it forwarded to Arvixe host through * A DNS Record.
I've create A record with hostname wh1 to my VPS ip.
Now my domain roboticseg.com working fine on Arvixe, And wh1.roboticseg.com working fine on Windows VPS.
I've purchased Plesk Web Host Edition and Plesk URL wh1.roboticseg.com:8880 working fine.
But i need to create primary and secondary name server ns1.wh1.roboticseg.com and ns2.wh1.roboticseg.com.
So, I've purchased one additional ip and I've created hostnames on Godaddy successfully.
And i've created DNS zone on VPS control panel on Contabo company.
But i have forwarded this domain through name server but not working elamir-group.com.
So, How can i setup ns1 and ns2 on Plesk to solve this issue.
Kindly find attached files.

Attachments

• Contabo DNS Zone.JPG
    Contabo DNS Zone.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Godaddy A Record.JPG
    Godaddy A Record.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Godaddy Hostname Registration.JPG
    Godaddy Hostname Registration.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 12
Hello,

In Godday panel there will be a option call child name servers. Kindly make sure that you create the ns1.wh1.roboticseg.com and ns2.wh1.roboticseg.com under it as well.
Once you confirm the child name servers exists then, go to dns panel of your hosting provider who is hosting wh1.roboticseg.com and make sure you add A records in the DNS zone for ns1.wh1.roboticseg.com and ns2.wh1.roboticseg.com. When both entries are there,then you will be able to use the private name servers.

Back