• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Nameserver is on Server 1 but hosting clients on Server 2 don't resolve

FutureX

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.42 Update #1
I have 2 servers S1 and S2, I setup a nameserver on S1 myserver1.com and added glue records on Google Domains so I have ns1.myserver1.com and ns2.myserver1.com. There are 2 domains on S1 which resolve fine when I set the custom name servers on Google domains to ns1.myserver1.com and ns2.myserver1.com. My problem is I can't get any domains on S2 to resolve at all. I've done the same setup on Google Domains for every domain on S2, set the custom name servers to ns1.myserver1.com and ns2.myserver1.com. In the DNS setup of each domain on S2 the NS record is set to the same ns1.myserver1.com and ns2.myserver1.com but nothing is resolving on S2.

I know I just missing a key concept here but can't see it.
FutureX

I found my answer. I'm using Digital Ocean to handle the DNS. You can setup vanity nameservers so it's your host hame instead of theirs and there is an extension for Plesk to sync the DNS on Plesk with Digital Ocean. It works great and the sync is instant and it's free on DigitalOcean!

Back