• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Need t upgrade to PHP 5.2 - need advice please

E

edwelly

Hello all. I own a VDS server at Godaddy and it is running Parallels Plesk Panel v10.0.1_build109101029.17 os_CentOS 5, PHP 5.1.6. I need to upgrade to at least PHP 5.2 but to be 100% I am scared to death. I just got the command line zip working thanks to this htread: http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=316326&postcount=3

However I am an needing help moving to PHP 5.2. I really do not want to go any higher than 5.2 as I am hosting web sites that are running Wordpress and I am not sure if Wordpress will work with anything higher than 5.2. Since I have over 15 clients on my server I can't afford to take that chance.

Now I will be the first to admit I should not have my own server if I do not know how to do this type of thing, but I was sold this server under the understanding that I would have a support team helping me. That later part turned out not to be true so I am stuck with this.

can anyone help me here? I really need this dumbed down as well. I do not want to take anything for granted.

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks! ~ Erik

I used the Atomic Rocket Turtle RPM Repository and yum'd it with dependencies.. Ran into a problem of the latest distro being 5.3.x. After searching I found php-5.2.17-1.el5.art and was able to downgrade. I would suggest installing php rpm manually and then exclude it when you run yum, but I'm sure others know better. At least you have more to google.. :p Sorry I could not be more helpful, I did this a while ago and it was the middle of the night...

I needed,

php-xml-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-cli-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-pdo-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-common-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-gd-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-mbstring-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-mysql-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-imap-5.2.17-1.el5.art

Regards

Back