• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Need your opinion on whether Log Browser should open in a new window

Should Log Browser open in a new window?

• Yes, open Log Browser in a new window

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No, open Log Browser in the same tab/window

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

custer

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

We are planning to dramatically improve how Plesk views web server log files for a website (Apache and nginx access/error logs in particular). We have a question we're hoping you could help us with, since we want to make sure this functionality (we call it Log Browser) really delivers an awesome experience to you and your customers.

Currently if you click on a log file name from the list on Websites & Domains > Logs, the log is opened in a new browser window. The question is, would you prefer the new Log Browser to be opened the same way (click opens it in a new window), or you'd prefer it to open in the same tab/window?

This might not seem like a big deal to some of you, but we want to make sure that Log Browser offers a great and convenient user experience, so your thoughts on this would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

While the case could be made against popups, for very large logs, it may be quite useful to continue opening them in a new browser window so that if that tab crashes, the main one is unaffected (browser-dependent of course) but most importantly, so that the Plesk administrator can happily putter around the Plesk Panel without having to go back/forward to pull up the logs again.

I'll agree with pleskpanel... For larger logs opening it up on a new window/tab is much preferred. Personally, I work with 2 monitors atthe moment, and am thinking of adding a third one, so having a log view on one monitor and plesk on the other is much better for me, as I can work faster. But that's me, and how I prefer working...

Back