• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved .NET Toolkit dont work - "dotnet binary not specified"

Luiz_Gustavo

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.50 Update 2
Hello,

I just intalled .NET Toolkit in a server with Plesk 18.0.50 Update 2 and Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS.
After install the package, when click on extension this error appears "dotnet binary not specified".

I try to remove and reinstall but no success.

Could anyone help with this issue? I try to find solutions on Plesk KB but did no find it.

Hello @Peter Debik

Yesterday Plesk was updated to 18.0.51 but the issue persistis.
I removed and reinstall the .NET Toolkit extesion, no success.

Plesk Obsidian
Versão 18.0.51 last update 26/03/2023 22:20

Error:
--------------------
.NET Toolkit
dotnet binary not specified

Any ideas?

Are you using .NET toolkit 2.1.2? If not, could you try to update the extension, please? According to the records here it was fixed in that and rolled out along with 18.0.50 already. If the issue persists, please open a ticket with support so that an engineer can look onto your system and fix it directly on your system for you.

@Peter Debik

I am Plesk partner for years, but never use the support. I can´t use the ticket systems since the Key is from a Reseller (Me).
Are there any ticket system support for partners?

Thanks!

Luiz

As a partner you should have direct support access independent of specific servers. If you need assistance with that, please send me a PM with your email address and Plesk partner ID then I can go ask someone what the correct login is or how to proceed. The other option is to use the 30-day trial period of the subscription.

Thanks @Peter Debik

I received an awesome support from Plesk team, the solution is below.

1. Remove de .NET Toolkit

2. Manually remove the aspnet core packages with this commands:

dpkg -r aspnetcore-runtime-6.0
dpkg -r aspnetcore-targeting-pack-6.0
dpkg -r dotnet-runtime-6.0
dpkg -r dotnet-hostfxr-6.0
dpkg -r dotnet-host
dpkg -r dotnet-targeting-pack-6.0

3. Reinstall .NET Toolkit

Back