• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

new installation questions from a newbie

A

advwebsys

we are planning to install sitebuilder on an existing opensuse 10.2 server. we are not using plesk.

the server already has php5.2.0 installed and, because there are sites running on the server that are using it, i do not want to install the php provided in the tarball.

so....

1. i assume i install the ioncube rpm. correct?

2. which rpms (if any) do i need to install from the updates directory?

3. ditto for the sso directory. (what does sso STAND FOR?)

4. if i need to install rpms in the update directory am i correct in that i install the base rpm first, then those?

the distributed install documentation really isn't very helpful:

rpm -ivh *.rpm

assumes all the rpms are in a single directory and doesn't take into account any dependencies - which SHOULD be documented.

my objective (of course) is to get this right the first time.

If you wish to use your own PHP you need to make sure that all requirements are observed for Sitebuilder installation. I mean you need to make sure that all required extensions for PHP are enabled. So in this case it is suggested to install PHP which is shipped with Sitebuilder distributive. PHP 5.2.1 will be installed into /opt/php52 directory and should not affect your local PHP installation as this PHP 5.2.1 will be used only by Sitebuilder.
Anyway, you may use your own PHP, but one more time, please make sure that all extensions are enabled for it. It could be done after Sitebuilder installation by running check.php script in browser like this: http://sitebuilder.hostname/check.php.

1. ionCube must be installed. You can install RPM or enable it manually for your PHP.
2. Updates directory contains some additional RPMs for Sitebuilder. You should install only those which are required to be installed on the server. For this, first of all try to install sitebuilder rpm with following command:

# rpm -Uhv <sitebuilder_package> --test

to check which packages are also required.

3. SSO - this is Single Sign-On technologu which is supported by Plesk and Sitebuilder now. For more information I can suggest you to refer to SWsoft's site: http://www.swsoft.com/en/news/id,12367

4. First, all required packages should be installed. After that base packages installation should be done. For installation you can use following command:

# rpm -Uhv <package1> <package2>...

Originally posted by advwebsys

the server already has php5.2.0 installed and, because there are sites running on the server that are using it, i do not want to install the php provided in the tarball.

so....

1. i assume i install the ioncube rpm. correct?

2. which rpms (if any) do i need to install from the updates directory?

3. ditto for the sso directory. (what does sso STAND FOR?)

4. if i need to install rpms in the update directory am i correct in that i install the base rpm first, then those?

the distributed install documentation really isn't very helpful:

rpm -ivh *.rpm

assumes all the rpms are in a single directory and doesn't take into account any dependencies - which SHOULD be documented.

well, i tried following your suggestions and it doesn't work.

the core rpm requires both the php52 rpm and the ionloader rpm.

the 'all' rpm requires core.

so it sounds like i MUST install your version of php.

now here's the question - how can 2 versions of php exist within a single apache configuration?

Two PHP version can exist on one server without any problems. When Sitebuilder will be browsed correct PHP will be used, accordingly to apache configuration for Sitebuilder. So it's not a problem.
You can also install necessary RPMs with '--nodeps' option, so you should not install Sitebuilder's PHP52, but core package should be installed anyway.

well .....

i installed all 4 rpms. however, when the installer tried to access mysql with password:NO, it failed, since this is a running system and user root has a password.

i ran sb_config to define the proper paths, passwords, ip address, servername and user/group.

going to the website yields:

Internal SiteBuilder error.
File: /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/Zend/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php; Line: 111
Message: SQLSTATE[42000] [1049] Unknown database 'sitebuilder3'; Code: 0

going into mysql and doing a 'create database sitebilder3' gives a different error about missing tables.

how do i get the database created?

Sitebuilder database should be created by running 'sb_config' utility. You do not need to create it manually. In this situation I can suggest you to make following action:
Sitebuilder uses default settings for accessing database and default login and password are:

'db_admin_name' => "root",
'db_admin_passwd' => "admin",

Try to change them to appropriate one, which you use for accessing database. Find /<sb_root>/utils/SB/Defaults.pm file, and correct this values there. After that try to run sb_config one more time. Hope it helps.

i'm afraid that didn't work.

i also noticed this in Defaults.pm:

'database' => {
'adapter' => 'PDO_MYSQL',
'host' => 'localhost',
'username' => 'root',
'password' => '',
'dbname' => 'sitebuilder3',
'emulate_prepares' => 0,
},

so i changed the password to the root password.

that didn't work either. here's what internal looks like:

'internal' => {
'httpd_port' => 80,
'phpcli_path' => "",
'phpcgi_path' => "",
'httpd_owner' => "",
'db_port' => 3306,
'db_admin_name' => "root",
'db_admin_passwd' => "thecorrectrootpassword",

'sb_admin_passwd' => "",
#sb_admin_name => "admin",
'sb_hostname' => "",
'sb_host_ip' => "",
'ext_ip' => "localhost",
'enable_ssl' => 0
}

interesting that sb_admin_name is commented out....

i just noticed something else....

in /usr/local/sitebuilder/config i find this:

[database]
password = 88771165f6cb898c818d36b26eeaafa2

if this is a mysql encoded password, it doesn't match the one in the user table.

nor does it work when keyed in from the command line.

could this be the problem?

GOT IT. my hunch was correct.

ran sb_config --sb_db_user_passwd xxxxx

and it accepted the password and built the database.

Back