• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input New mail log GUI extension

Hello

We have published an update of this extension that solve an bug maillog path on some OS (ubuntu/debian).
Also we have added italian language (hope add new language in the next update) and SMTP login in log tab.

I'm very interesting about this plugin but I'm worried about the "avarage rating", six votes and all by 1 single star... Why? Is it safe or create some issues/instability on the server? Someone who has used it can describe the reason for such a low rating? Thanks

I'm very interesting about this plugin but I'm worried about the "avarage rating", six votes and all by 1 single star... Why? Is it safe or create some issues/instability on the server? Someone who has used it can describe the reason for such a low rating? Thanks

Hello Michele

We suppose it's due to path bug of maillog of the first version in some OS (ubuntu/debian), we have solved in each case this problem with clients that have contact us, but it's probably that some other buyer have just seen that plugin "not work" in his system and don't contact us to review/solve the bug.
ASAP the first clients have contactus with the problem, we have solved the bug and contacted plesk to deploy the new version.

Hello

We have published an new update of plugin today.

In this new version, there are several new features :
- You will see the country of each ip in log-in tab (the maxmind database is used for this).
- There is an new tab of configuration, on this page you can :
* Select usual country connection to your mailbox account.
* Enable option to receive a notification email (an email is sent to server admin and client user of domain) if pop/smtp connections that are not in your selection are detected
* Enable option to change mailbox password if pop/smtp connections that are not in your selection are detected (new password appear in notification mail)
* The checking is made once per hour by crontab about the last past hour logs pop/smtp connections.

We have also solved 2 bugs
- The sorter bug date
- Added forward mail to logs in and out

One of the objective of this update is to enforce security to hacked mailbox.

Hello,
is possible to hide the "notification configuration" in the customer panel?
I'd like to prevent some customer from going and changing the configurations I set up.
Alternatively, it would be enough for the entire "Mail Log" to be read only, without any possibility to change the settings in the customer panel.
Thanks.

2020-03-06_13-50-28.png

Hello,
is possible to hide the "notification configuration" in the customer panel?
I'd like to prevent some customer from going and changing the configurations I set up.
Alternatively, it would be enough for the entire "Mail Log" to be read only, without any possibility to change the settings in the customer panel.
Thanks.

View attachment 16503
Hello MicheleB

I send your request to our developer to offer this posibility and to include it in the next release.

Hello MicheleB

I send your request to our developer to offer this posibility and to include it in the next release.

Thanks, I'm finding your extension really useful (I've been waiting for years for this log file management directly from the Plesk control panel).
In addition I'd like to have more data filtering, e.g. for each single day so that I can analyze the daily traffic (now there is the complete list of the last 7 days but without the possibility to see only the traffic of today/yesterday/2 days ago/etc).

Thanks, I'm finding your extension really useful (I've been waiting for years for this log file management directly from the Plesk control panel).
In addition I'd like to have more data filtering, e.g. for each single day so that I can analyze the daily traffic (now there is the complete list of the last 7 days but without the possibility to see only the traffic of today/yesterday/2 days ago/etc).
You can do it without any problem, put 06/03/2020 in search field for today list, for march days 03/2020, but I don't thinks that there is an option to make an very special search of 2/3 specifics days

I've got an issue with a couple of problem hosts on a shared Plesk box with PHP mail not being seen as part of the hosts outgoing send limits (as it would suspend and email alert me).

Does Mail-Log extension show the PHP generated emails? Are you able to search/filter for them? Is it possible to set an alert to know if for instance >100 emails per domain name in 60 minutes emails the admin? That would be amazing as I'm sure other admins would appreciate such an alert.

Will definitely purchase and recommend this extension if it can solve this problem for me.

Thank you all

I've got an issue with a couple of problem hosts on a shared Plesk box with PHP mail not being seen as part of the hosts outgoing send limits (as it would suspend and email alert me).

Does Mail-Log extension show the PHP generated emails? Are you able to search/filter for them? Is it possible to set an alert to know if for instance >100 emails per domain name in 60 minutes emails the admin? That would be amazing as I'm sure other admins would appreciate such an alert.

Will definitely purchase and recommend this extension if it can solve this problem for me.

Thank you all

Hello

If you use authenticate email with php (with PHPMailer for example), yes, you will be able to see it in maillog plugin, if it's an mail without any authentication, we retrieve the data in database but actually plugin not show it (we are develop an new release for this you will get it in next days).

There a filter you can search any showed data, but you will not be able to filter if it's an mail sent by php or an mail sent by mailbox for now as there is really no difference for this in maillog.

About notification, our plug-in review country login of mailbox and can sent notification in case of strange login, but not notification about mail volume sent, for this you have plesk mail settings directly.

We constantly try to improve plugin funcionality

Thank you for your interest

Hello

If you use authenticate email with php (with PHPMailer for example), yes, you will be able to see it in maillog plugin, if it's an mail without any authentication, we retrieve the data in database but actually plugin not show it (we are develop an new release for this you will get it in next days).

There a filter you can search any showed data, but you will not be able to filter if it's an mail sent by php or an mail sent by mailbox for now as there is really no difference for this in maillog.

About notification, our plug-in review country login of mailbox and can sent notification in case of strange login, but not notification about mail volume sent, for this you have plesk mail settings directly.

We constantly try to improve plugin funcionality

Thank you for your interest

Thank you for your speedy reply!

Sadly Plesks mail limit options for hosts doesn't work for PHP mail from clients sites, only authenticated user email accounts are counted and that system works brilliantly. If you could develop a way to alert admins of a configured volume of PHP mail would be amazingly helpful tool for us and many others!

Kind regards

Joe

Thank you for your speedy reply!

Sadly Plesks mail limit options for hosts doesn't work for PHP mail from clients sites, only authenticated user email accounts are counted and that system works brilliantly. If you could develop a way to alert admins of a configured volume of PHP mail would be amazingly helpful tool for us and many others!

Kind regards

Joe

AFAIK, plesk count correctly all mails that are sent by an subscription, not only mails that have sent by mailboxes, I recommand you contact plesk team if it's not working correctly. In our case, we probably not include this in our plugin as our objective is to add funcionality but not repeat functionality that panel have yet.

Hello

We have published an new update of plugin today (version 1.4.0).

In this new version, there are several new features :
* You will now see unauthenticated php mail sent in mail out tab (if from is correct in php sent).
* There is an new option in admin section to hide/show plugin for client/reseller (can be usefull for privacy)
* In extension admin section, you will see the last 10 000 lines (per default) of maillog file. You will be able to increase it or disable it by an custom rule in panel.ini :

Customise to 20000 Lines

[ext-mail-log]
MaxLines=20000

Disable the view :

[ext-mail-log]
MaxLines=0

* Maxmind db have been updated with the last available.

We will still try to improve plugin functionality

I just installed this because I hope it will save me some time.

But I'm not sure how this works: "Usual countries of pop/smtp access for this domain"

I'm assuming this means countries allowed to check email and send email, and it will have zero effect on where incoming email originates from, but want to be certain before I touch this.

Is there any sort of User Guide or explanation of this (and other) features?

Back