• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important New Plesk webmail / SOGo Webmail extension

So this means support for ActiveSync will never be added to be included in this extension?

And if someone wants it it would be needed to install and configure it ourselves?

So this means support for ActiveSync will never be added to be included in this extension?

And if someone wants it it would be needed to install and configure it ourselves?

Currently, we do not have such plans. We recommend to create a request on the UserVoice for feature requests.
If you manage to install and configure everything required on a server, it is on our own risk (we will not be ready to support such custom solutions).

After migrating from CentOS 7 to Debian 11 SOGo doesn’t work anymore.

• Shows „wrong username or wrong password“ when trying to log-in
• sogo.log shows
Code:
SOGoRootPage Login from '127.0.0.1' for user 'username' might not have worked - password policy: 65535  grace: -1  expire: -1  bound: 0
• Package-version seems to be older than on CentOS 7
Code:
/configs# apt list --installed 'sogo*'
Listing... Done
sogo-common/oldstable,oldstable,oldstable-security,oldstable-security,now 5.0.1-4+deb11u1 all [installed]
sogo/oldstable,oldstable-security,now 5.0.1-4+deb11u1 amd64 [installed]

Why is 5.0.1 the newest stable on Debian 11?
What would be the best (i.e. supported) way to install a newer SOGo version on Debian 11?

Thank you!

It seems I can’t edit my post. A few additions:

• Uninstalling SOGo and the extension, then reinstalling it and selecting ‚nightly‘ worked. I’d prefer the stable 5.8.x instead of nightly, though.
• SOGo shows two Spam folders, and /etc/sogo/sogo.conf says
Code:
SOGoJunkFolderName = "INBOX/Junk";
The default Spam folder on our server is INBOX/Spam—and iirc this is the default for Plesk itself?
I changed the config and restarted the service. Would that be sufficient?

Why is 5.0.1 the newest stable on Debian 11?
What would be the best (i.e. supported) way to install a newer SOGo version on Debian 11?
Uninstalling SOGo and the extension, then reinstalling it and selecting ‚nightly‘ worked. I’d prefer the stable 5.8.x instead of nightly, though.

A version that will be installed as "stable" depends on packages provided by OS repository. CentOS7, Debian11, etc. provide different versions via OS-vendor repositories. "Nightly" version is installed from SOGo repository. A choice depends on you, "stable from the OS repository, not the latest" vs. "the latest but nightly".

The default Spam folder on our server is INBOX/Spam—and iirc this is the default for Plesk itself?
I changed the config and restarted the service. Would that be sufficient?
Sounds like a bug, I will report it. If you customize config files, it is better to do via templates, see "/usr/local/psa/var/modules/sogo/templates/README.md".

A version that will be installed as "stable" depends on packages provided by OS repository. CentOS7, Debian11, etc. provide different versions via OS-vendor repositories. "Nightly" version is installed from SOGo repository. A choice depends on you, "stable from the OS repository, not the latest" vs. "the latest but nightly".
Would it be possible to add „stable via SOGo repository“? On their site it seems they only provide them pre-built if you have a support contract, but maybe there’s a way for you to incorporate it anyway.
Sounds like a bug, I will report it. If you customize config files, it is better to do via templates, see "/usr/local/psa/var/modules/sogo/templates/README.md".
Thank you very much, I’ll take a look at it!

I updated manual by dnf and get this error:
Code:
Ausgeführtes Scriptlet: sogo-5.8.3.20230613-master.el9.x86_64                                                   12/28
Warnung: %post(sogo-5.8.3.20230613-master.el9.x86_64) Scriptlet fehlgeschlagen, Beenden-Status 1
Error in POSTIN scriptlet in rpm package sogo
Webmail site shows Error 502 Bad Gateway from nginx

/var/log/sogo/sogo.log shows
<data>:1: element a: validity error : ID deal_link already defined =image&d=deal-page" target="_blank" style="color:#0185C6; text-decoration:none;" ^
<data>:1: element a: validity error : ID deal_link already defined =image&d=deal-page" target="_blank" style="color:#0185C6; text-decoration:none;" ^
<data>:7: element img: validity error : ID qogyc6k already defined GhDsmdzvYQ85ab-zI" width="35" height="37" style="height: auto; max-width: 100%;" ^
<data>:9: element img: validity error : ID qogyc6k already defined GhDsmdzvYQ85ab-zI" width="35" height="37" style="height: auto; max-width: 100%;" ^"

I think the update file sogo-5.8.3.20230613-master.el9.x86_64 is broken and we have to wait until Sogo fixed this.

messages log shows:
sogod[3068025]: /usr/sbin/sogod: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
systemd[1]: sogod.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=127
systemd[1]: sogod.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
systemd[1]: Failed to start SOGo is a groupware server.

The sogo package was updated by plesk automatically tonight and it seems that has broke it
Just a small question, what repository for SOGo packages is used? Is it a repository with nightly builds?
Plesk keeps system updated; Plesk does not distinguish one package from another, if there are available new packages in the system, Plesk asks the system package manager to update them.

Yes it is nightly builds.
How to downgrade to the previous nightly version ?
It should not be an issue to downgrade the package by system's package manager.
It seems you are using something RHEL9-based, so, the page How to use yum/dnf to downgrade or rollback some package updates? - Red Hat Customer Portal should be helpful.

It also makes sense to lock the package for some time to avoid upgrading automatically. It could be done also via CLI or via Plesk GUI ((Plesk for Linux) System Updates).

I tried it but I am getting this message:

yum downgrade sogo
Last metadata expiration check: 2:21:46 ago on Mon 19 Jun 2023 07:31:40 AM CEST.
Package sogo of lowest version already installed, cannot downgrade it.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

I tried it but I am getting this message:

yum downgrade sogo
Last metadata expiration check: 2:21:46 ago on Mon 19 Jun 2023 07:31:40 AM CEST.
Package sogo of lowest version already installed, cannot downgrade it.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!
Suggestions on what to do now?

Suggestions on what to do now?
It seems the repository does not contain old packages required for downgrade. In this case, I see three options (just ideas):
  • Reinstall the extension and choose "stable" repository (that is provided by OS vendor);
  • Install a package that provides libcrypto.so.3 file because the error says it is "not found" (`# yum install openssl-libs`); but usually this package is installed; probably the issue is somewhere else;
  • (not sure, it depends on could the issue be related with repository/package or something wrong with packages on your server) Send a report to SOGo and wait for a fix in nightly repository.

[...] error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
As an example, there is an output from one of Plesk servers with AlmaLinux9,
Code:
# cat /etc/redhat-release
AlmaLinux release 9.2 (Turquoise Kodkod)

# yum whatprovides libcrypto.so.3
Last metadata expiration check: 0:02:50 ago on Mon Jun 19 13:50:09 2023.
openssl-libs-1:3.0.7-6.el9_2.i686 : A general purpose cryptography library with TLS implementation
Repo        : baseos
Matched from:
Provide    : libcrypto.so.3

#

You can set SOGoMailCustomFromEnabled = YES; in your /etc/sogo/sogo.conf and then restart sogo. changes would be removed when you update the extention.
Plesk should enable changing identity full name as default.
Cheers !
Didn't work for me—anything else I'd have to to?

JFYI, a new version of the extension has been released!

1.1.0 (10 Jul 2023)​

• [+] Added support for nightly packages in Plesk on RHEL 9 and its derivatives.
  • [-] The extension now uses the default Plesk Spam folder. (EXTPLESK-4732)
  • [-] Installation of SOGo Webmail no longer fails in Plesk on Ubuntu 22 with a MySQL 8 database server. (EXTPLESK-4458)
  • [-] Web-server configuration for SOGo is now removed during uninstallation. (EXTPLESK-4457)

Back