• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important New Plesk webmail / SOGo Webmail extension

Thank you, maxihoster. We need to do additional research on that topic first, I will create an internal task for that in our internal TODO list.

P.S. I hope the password on the screenshot is not the real password on production? I see 127.0.0.1 but anyway.
Not the production password but test installation!

I've installed the nightly version on my 18.4 Ubuntu and did the plesk sbin httpdmng --reconfigure-server. I'm also running the latest available extension version but when I open the URL webmail.xxx.com without the /SoGo, I still get the default Plesk page. Am I missing something?

I've found another issue when trying to send invites from the calendar. The parameter SOGoAppointmentSendEMailNotifications inside the config file should be set to YES during installation. Otherwise, it's not possible to sent invites.

During creation of calendar entries, you can choose if you want to send an invitation. Because of this, the above parameter should be set to YES by default.

I've installed the nightly version on my 18.4 Ubuntu and did the plesk sbin httpdmng --reconfigure-server. I'm also running the latest available extension version but when I open the URL webmail.xxx.com without the /SoGo, I still get the default Plesk page. Am I missing something?
I have the same issue after un-installing the SOGO extension. When I re-install roundcube and enable it, it only shows the default Plesk page too. Same with Horde.

@maxihoster @jreitter @AYamshanov are you able to make active sync work and how ? not working from my side.

Just tried but I think Plesk team have not yet added this function into the SOGo Plesk extension. Because it's missing some fews settings and library.
You can check at this link the requirements about SOGo ActiveSync function!

Personally, I use SOGo since so many years and the actual version of ActiveSync (EAS 14) are very old and take a lot of ressources on the server and are so much bugs. All the community of the SOGo users / integrators are waiting the last version of EAS 16 integration into SOGo. I suggest you and Plesk Team to wait until it will be release before install this into Plesk for better experience and ressources use. Check this link...

@AlL

If you are interested, with my development team, we have created a tool for autoconfiguration of Apple devices (iOS, IpadOS, MacOS) for email management in IMAP, contacts in carddav and calendar in calvav with .mobileconfig technology. I provide it for free on request. You will only have to customize the welcome page and an entry to put your company name.

We have already adapted our tool to be 100% functional with Plesk for sogo!
Explanation of how it works:
The user goes to the site (ex: sync.yourwebsite.com)
He inserts his first and last name, his email address, his password. He chooses what he wants to have as configuration, either email, calendar, contacts then he clicks on download config.

It downloads a configuration profile on his device and he clicks install. It's magical! He has access to his emails, contacts, calendar without having to insert anything like server name, port, ssl, etc...

We made sure that our autoconfiguration file is automatically adapted by webmail.customerdomain thanks to the email address he put in the email field.

Hello!
I have create a new server plesk same the first one but on this new server impossible for each mailbox user to login to the webmail. Everytime error login / password error.

We have cross checked all the settings we don't found any difference between the servers.

Any idea about this issue?

Hello!
I have create a new server plesk same the first one but on this new server impossible for each mailbox user to login to the webmail. Everytime error login / password error.

We have cross checked all the settings we don't found any difference between the servers.

Any idea about this issue?
Which OS are you using? And which SOGO package?

Hi @maxihoster,

We are working on getting rid of existing limitations for SOGo Webmail.

Can't say what is wrong with the new server, more details are required. Could you provide steps to reproduce the issue (e.g. deploy AlmaLinux 8.x, install nightly build, something else specific)? Will try to reproduce and discuss with developers.

There's seem to be a package conflict with the repo Sogo uses and EPEL (at least on AlmaLinux 8.7) as doing a dnf update or upgrade you could possibly get the following:

Bash:
╭─root@akheera ~
╰─# dnf update                   
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64                                                                                                                                                                         34 kB/s |  26 kB     00:00   
Error:
 Problem 1: package sope49-sbjson-2.3.1-20230125_1664.el8.1.1.x86_64 requires libgnustep-base.so.1.24()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
  - cannot install both gnustep-base-libs-1.28.0-3.el8.x86_64 and gnustep-base-libs-1.24.9-1.el8.x86_64
  - cannot install both gnustep-base-libs-1.24.9-1.el8.x86_64 and gnustep-base-libs-1.28.0-3.el8.x86_64
  - cannot install the best update candidate for package sope49-sbjson-2.3.1-20230125_1664.el8.1.1.x86_64
  - cannot install the best update candidate for package gnustep-base-libs-1.24.9-1.el8.x86_64
 Problem 2: package sogo-5.8.0.20230215-1.el8.x86_64 requires sope49-sbjson, but none of the providers can be installed
  - package sope49-sbjson-2.3.1-20230125_1664.el8.1.1.x86_64 requires libgnustep-base.so.1.24()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
  - cannot install both gnustep-base-libs-1.28.0-3.el8.x86_64 and gnustep-base-libs-1.24.9-1.el8.x86_64
  - cannot install both gnustep-base-libs-1.24.9-1.el8.x86_64 and gnustep-base-libs-1.28.0-3.el8.x86_64
  - package gnustep-base-1.28.0-3.el8.x86_64 requires libgnustep-base.so.1.28()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
  - package gnustep-base-1.28.0-3.el8.x86_64 requires gnustep-base-libs(x86-64) = 1.28.0-3.el8, but none of the providers can be installed
  - cannot install the best update candidate for package sogo-5.8.0.20230215-1.el8.x86_64
  - cannot install the best update candidate for package gnustep-base-1.24.9-1.el8.x86_64
(try to add '--allowerasing' to command line to replace conflicting packages or '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to use not only best candidate packages)

Editing /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo to add the following in the [epel] section fixes it: exclude=gnustep-base-libs gnustep-base

Just an fyi to anyone else who might run into this issue.

Back