• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Important New Plesk webmail / SOGo Webmail extension

Hello,

How to update SOGgo to version 5.10?
The current version 5.5.1 has u 2 year old bug that prefent me to use Caldav/CArddav and emClient.

From emClient support:
Our developers have finished investigating this, and it is a bug on your calendar provider's server.

There is a BOM character in versionId, which we use and send back to server. See attached screenshot. You can find out more about the bug here: 0005416: sogo mysteriously adds XML-encoded UTF-8 BOM to calendar-data & getetag REPORT replies - SOGo | BTS

However, it was fixed by SOGo more than 2 years ago. All I can suggest is you contact your provider, and ask them to upgrade the server to the latest version, which doesn't have this bug. They are probably running Ubuntu Server 22.04 which uses an older version.

Apologies for the delay in investigating this. Hope that helps, but please let me know if you require any further

Thank you for the feedback, I have submitted a bug-report ([...]) regarding the issue. It seems it is already a known issue with ID EXTPLESK-5538.
Unfortunately, we can't fix the issue right now because Ubuntu24 does not contain packages for SOGo, and the SOGo documentation does not contain data that Ubuntu24 is supported.

We will update the article with known limitations, thank you!

SoGo themselves seems to offer nightly builds for quite some time already:
deb Index of /nightly/5/ubuntu noble noble

Isn't it possible to use that repository instead? Is it known why no packages are in the general repository?

SoGo themselves seems to offer nightly builds for quite some time already:
deb Index of /nightly/5/ubuntu noble noble

Isn't it possible to use that repository instead? Is it known why no packages are in the general repository?

Nightly builds are unstable. They may or may not work depending on the day you installed the package. That's why there are release packages. Those are tested and guaranteed to work when you install them on a production server.

So, yes, you can use those nightly builds at your own risk.

The "production" packages seem to only be available against payment - for all distributions. So they will likely never make it into the general Ubuntu repository - I'm not sure how that worked on Ubuntu 22.04? (They also have production builds for SoGo on 24.04 since a while, but they are only available with support contract)

Hello there, I'm a new Plesk user and just signed up to this board.
I'm running an ubuntu 22.04. Server with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62 Update Nr. 2.
I just reently switched to SOGo, installed stable and found that timezone issue on my server.
I'm in Germany so Europe/Berlin, opended up /etc/sogo/sogo.conf changed the timezone, restartet sogo service, no change.
Restartet the whole server, still nothing.
Switching from stable to nightly builds no change.
Went to the whole thread in search of an answer - any hints for me?

Thanks in advance

blue

Hi!

Just created a new email account inside Plesk and setup Sogo. I'm able to login but I see no inbox. Have I missed something?

Another thing which is strange. When I set SOGoMailCustomFromEnabled to YES, it's still not active. Has the behavior changed?

[...] @AYamshanov. What do you think?
As I know, Plesk Obsidian already uses Diffie-Hellman key size = 2048 on new installations.
On the old installations, it is not changed automatically to avoid any disruption.

[...] Has the behavior changed?
The extension helps integrate SOGo Webmail to Plesk; SOGo options do not affect the extension; you can use a template to customize the SOGo Webmail configuration file to avoid overwriting of the options, see /usr/local/psa/var/modules/sogo/templates/README.md for details.

I can't share mailboxes or mailfolders. If I set the specific rights, they are gone after saving (and reloading or relogin) and also
the share isn't available at the rights recipients right.

What I'm doing wrong? I'm testing this on a fresh installation with dovecot and postfix.

Hi Guys,

We experienced a few times already, that SOGo webmail stops working, and gives us a "502 Bad Gateway"
After restarting the SOGo Groupware Server service, the webmail starts functioning as usual again.

Anyone has any idea, why this is happening?

@JeffreyHostingNL could you please run the following command:

If there are any tries that indicate left-over processes due to improper termination, please try restarting the service:

Hi Sebahat,

Thanks for your response, unfortunately, there are no logs present, since we restarted the service this morning.
That fixed it, but I actually want to know, why a restart was necessary for it to work properly again

Back