• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New server install

C

crossconnect

I'm in the process of setting up a new hosting server from scratch running Plesk 8.

I was considering using RHEL but it is a little behind with package versions (particularly PHP/Tomcat) and I'm not too keen getting into the whole RPM dependency mess, plus I'd also prefer to stick with vendor-supplied packages. Ideally I'd use Fedora 5 but it isn't officially supported so my current plan is to use Fedora 4 with some packages from ART.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also, has anyone had success using Plesk 8 with Fedora Core 5? I haven't tried it, but I will give it a try unless someone tells me not to waste my time :)

Several people have recommended CentOS 4.3 elsewhere. Not had an opportunity to try it myself so I can't say. Also SUSE and Debian are other options but CentOS is the only one that I've seen other people recommend highly beyond Fedora. CentOS may better fit what you want anyways since CentOS is built off of RHEL source (but is not RHEL).

Back