• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New SiteBuilder planned for Q4 2010

H

Hultenius

If you are like me, you have spent a lot of time searching for information about the future of SiteBuilder. Nobody seems to know anything, not even the Parallels staff at these forums (shame on you!). I believed that SiteBuilder was dead, and was going cancel the SUS for my three licenses (and investment in another solution instead).

I occasionally went to Parallels partner website (http://www.parallels.com/spp/partnerprogram/) and viewed the webinar there. Wow! Listen at 00:24:10 and 00:25:00. It looks like the guys are planning to release a HUGE update with a new interface later this year (Q4 2010) along with the next version of Plesk/Hosting Panel. So now you also know. It might be wise to hold on to your licenses a little bit longer after all. There is still hope for this product.

Now, if only Jon could have registered on the forums and told us directly... Parallels really wants to be a cloud/web 3.0 company but act as a web 1.0 company.

Hi,

Thanks for that. Good to get some update as to whats going on as this board is void of any Parallels staff now.

Maybe we will learn more about SiteBuilder 5.0 tomorrow. I tried to install the Plesk 10 marketing preview. Didn't work (sigh..). However, look at the output below:

Retrieving information about the installed packages...
File downloading PSA_10.0.0/dist-rpm-CentOS-5-x86_64/build-10.0.0-cos5-x86_64.hdr.gz: 11%..22%..30%..41%..52%..60%..71%..82%..90%..100% was finished.
File downloading PSA_10.0.0/update-rpm-CentOS-5-x86_64/update-10.0.0-cos5-x86_64.hdr.gz: 10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% was finished.
File downloading PSA_10.0.0/thirdparty-rpm-CentOS-5-x86_64/thirdparty-10.0.0-cos5-x86_64.hdr.gz: 32%..65%..98%..100% was finished.
File downloading SITEBUILDER_5.0.0/dist-rpm-RedHat-all-all/build-5.0.0-rhall-all.hdr.gz: 11%..21%..31%..40%..50%..60%..70%..84%..94%..100% was finished.
File downloading SITEBUILDER_5.0.0/thirdparty-rpm-RedHat-all-all/thirdparty-5.0.0-rhall-all.hdr.gz: 100% was finished.
File downloading BILLING_7.0.0/dist-rpm-RedHat-all-all/build-7.0.0-rhall-all.hdr.gz: 16%..25%..34%..42%..51%..68%..76%..85%..93%..100% was finished.
File downloading BILLING_7.0.0/thirdparty-rpm-RedHat-all-all/thirdparty-7.0.0-rhall-all.hdr.gz: 100% was finished.
File downloading BILLING_7.0.0/update-rpm-RedHat-all-all/update-7.0.0-rhall-all.hdr.gz: 100% was finished.
File downloading SITEBUILDER_5.0.0/update-rpm-RedHat-all-all/update-5.0.0-rhall-all.hdr.gz: 100% was finished.
Determining the packages that need to be installed.
ERROR: Unable to install the "psa-php5-configurator-1.6.0-cos5.build108100608.11.noarch" package.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Did anyone see the web conference for Sitebuilder a week ago? I missed it by a few hours and they havne´t put up the recorded version yet. It would be great to hear some info from anyone who attended.

Thanks.

Did anyone see the web conference for Sitebuilder a week ago? I missed it by a few hours and they havne´t put up the recorded version yet. It would be great to hear some info from anyone who attended.

Thanks.
Good for you. I was registered to the conference, but the host never showed up. Pushing F5 for an hour didn't help.
It seems like this conference was cancelled with no explanation...

Another disappointment from Parallels then... I really want to see if SB5 is something worth waiting for or if we should start looking for another websitebuilder solution, SB4.5 is getting really old and the templates are not that exciting... I installed the PLESK Panel 10 pre-view with Sitebuilder 5 box checked during install only to discover that it seems to be an empty package and that I should contact Parallels for a separate pre-view of SB5 (which they of course havn´t responded to for a week).

I sent an email earlier today (directly to the webinar host) and got a response. They are going to reschedule the webinar. No exact time has been decided yet, but possibly next week.

Hello All,

Webinar was not conducted yet. It is planned in nearest time. Those who would like to participate in webinar could register by sending e-mail to [email protected]. You should get invite message back with details. I will also try to provide webinar time here on the forum as soon as it's scheduled.

Thanks' for your interest.

Yep I was there too waiting. Not to be sarcastic but nice to see you are still around Dmitry. You have been very quiet on here recently. Are there any published details about SB5 available in advance of the Webinar.

Good day! Actually, I am not working with Parallels Sitebuilder now but do some other staff in company. Checked forum threads with my own interest to native product which I worked with for several years :). As I know there is no public availbale documentation or something for SB5. I will try to clarify this question and post details if I find anything on this. Will try to visit forum more often.

Topic: Plesk Panel 10 Marketing Preview- Sitebuilder
Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Time: 8:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (San Francisco, GMT-07:00)

-------------------------------------------------------
To register for this meeting
1. Go to https://parallels.webex.com/parallels/j.php?ED=140431977&RG=1&UID=0&RT=MiM0
2. Register for the meeting.

Once the host approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the meeting.

Note: If you already registered for this meeting, you do not need to register again.

To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
https://parallels.webex.com/parallels/j.php?ED=140431977&RG=1&UID=0&ORT=MiM0

For assistance
1. Go to https://parallels.webex.com/parallels/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
You can contact me at:
[email protected]

Time to start looking for a new SiteBuilder?

I agree with the comments above. This product has been dormant for years now. It used to be a good product, but at Internet speed, now it is old and stagnant. Good news that 5.0 is almost here but we have not heard much yet, other than the Webinar.

If there is somebody from parallels listening, please keep us updated. There is nothing worse than having NO news from your software supplier.

Dmitry, thanks for stopping by.
Who would be responsible for this product? Does he/she has plans to stop by?

MRojas

Help with script / codes. Modules don't work!

Please, can any of you help me get affiliate banners and widgets, basically html codes inserted in my Sitebuilder (Plesk 4.5.0 Hotfix-20100907)? I can't understand what exactly in the configuration avoids the modules from working_ none works.
I'm running out of time and have tried several forums and chat-rooms but can't find answers. What should I do, change the publishing software I'm using? I'm really disappointed that Plesk doesn't offer any kind of support for double-crossed members such as Hostgator's, like me.
I use a Windows Vista.
I will really, really appreciate it if I can get any advice from you guys.

Totally Confused

we've been running sitebuilder for several years. we currently run version 4.2 and most of our customers are satisfied with it. we've not had the time nor inclination to upgrade.

yesterday, i got an email from parallels asking me to participate in a survey about major changes to the design of web presence builder. until that moment, i never heard of the product. it appears that wpb is integrated into plesk. and, in reading this thread it appears that while it's called wpd 10, it's sitebuilder 5.

well guess what, we don't use plesk. we don't use any control panels on our servers. our customers don't want it, nor could they care less about controlling their web stuff. they depend on us to do that.

so the question is:

will standalone (non-plesk) sitebuilder be stabilized at 4.5 and any upgrades only be available with plesk?

btw - parallels seems to becoming more like the ibm company i worked for for 25 years. more an more complex to 'decode.'

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear that you find our communication efforts lacking. We are constantly working on improving our communication with customers and your feedback on this is very appreciated.

> will standalone (non-plesk) sitebuilder be stabilized at 4.5 and any upgrades only be available with plesk?

Let me clarify the current situation with SB 4.5 and WPB 10.x:

We will continute to release critical updates for SB 4.5, but major feature updates are not planned. It's a good product, but we believe that it slowly fell behind the times, and that we need to offer a better, modern, product in place of SB 4.5.

This new replacement product is WPB 10.x. Note that it's not a direct continuation of SB 4.5 -- it's a new product, so upgrade from SB 4.5 to WPB is not possible. It is true that WPB was initially available only as a part of Plesk, but recently we have created a Stand-Alone version of WPB that does not require Plesk to function. PA-based version of WPB is also available.

Hopefully I have answered your questions. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask them. Thank you!

Back