• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Newbie to Plesk - default applications

S

sthomas

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've recently purchased a dedicated VPS running Plesk 9.2.2 and I need to migrate my current home grown hosting server to the VPS.

Plesk will make our lives much easier once we've got it all set up and so I 've got some questions around what it can do and how best for us to use it?

We have a Linux platform and will be hosting Joomla sites. I would like to be able to do the following:
Create domain - done
App Joomla web application into sub directory - done

How do I point the domain and the www sub domain to that sub directory, I don't want users to realise it's a sub directory?

This would mean we can easily test different versions of Joomla and the upgrade process between them.

We also develop Joomla sites under a development domain, once the site is finished, can the Joomla web application be moved to another domain and set as default??

Thanks,

Thanks - I had read through this and hence my question. It appears you can set a default for Windows hosting butnot Linux and I was wondering if the community had an alternative way of achieving the same thing.

It doesn't mention about moving applications between domains? Any ideas?

Joomla & Linux

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've recently purchased a dedicated VPS running Plesk 9.2.2 and I need to migrate my current home grown hosting server to the VPS.

Plesk will make our lives much easier once we've got it all set up and so I 've got some questions around what it can do and how best for us to use it?

We have a Linux platform and will be hosting Joomla sites. I would like to be able to do the following:
Create domain - done
App Joomla web application into sub directory - done

How do I point the domain and the www sub domain to that sub directory, I don't want users to realise it's a sub directory?

This would mean we can easily test different versions of Joomla and the upgrade process between them.

We also develop Joomla sites under a development domain, once the site is finished, can the Joomla web application be moved to another domain and set as default??

Thanks,

Do the following:
setup domain name
www.domain.com

in dns set up you name servers.
ns1.domain.com
ns2.domain.com

in sub-domains create:
superfly.domain.com
thisisatest.domain.com
barcelona.domain.com

use above sub-domains for testing of joomla 1.0 / 1.5 / 1.6

in vps create:

www.joeuser.com
www.janeuser.com
www.fredflintstone.com
www.wilmaflintstone.com
etc...

use application vault to install correct version of joomla you want ( good luck )

Back