• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Nextcloud extension redirect

Sysop

Basic Pleskian
I've installed the Nextcloud extension within a directory on a subdomain and have problems with the admin redirect. Basically when I setup nextcloud I told it to install it to:

Code:
subdomain.example.com → /nextcloud

That works fine from the Plesk admin panel login, although when users go to `subdomain.example.com` they are not redirected, so I put in the subscription hosting settings:

Code:
Document root: subdomain.example.com/nextcloud

This fixes the redirect from the outside, although then it breaks the Plesk admin login from the panel. Any suggestions?

I finally resolved this issue and it was fairly obvious and simple once I thought about it for more than two seconds. You can remove any additional path you set in "Home" > "Domains" > "Hosting Settings" (eg. subdomain.example.com/nextcloud should become simply subdomain.example.com).

hosting-settings.png

Then in "Apache & nginx settings" create a redirect directive to your nextcloud directory:
Code:
location = / {
    return 301 https://subdomain.example.com/nextcloud/;
}

More Information: How to create a domain forwarder in Plesk?

Last edited:
Back