• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Nextcloud extension redirect

Sysop

Basic Pleskian
I've installed the Nextcloud extension within a directory on a subdomain and have problems with the admin redirect. Basically when I setup nextcloud I told it to install it to:

Code:
subdomain.example.com → /nextcloud

That works fine from the Plesk admin panel login, although when users go to `subdomain.example.com` they are not redirected, so I put in the subscription hosting settings:

Code:
Document root: subdomain.example.com/nextcloud

This fixes the redirect from the outside, although then it breaks the Plesk admin login from the panel. Any suggestions?

I finally resolved this issue and it was fairly obvious and simple once I thought about it for more than two seconds. You can remove any additional path you set in "Home" > "Domains" > "Hosting Settings" (eg. subdomain.example.com/nextcloud should become simply subdomain.example.com).

hosting-settings.png

Then in "Apache & nginx settings" create a redirect directive to your nextcloud directory:
Code:
location = / {
    return 301 https://subdomain.example.com/nextcloud/;
}

More Information: How to create a domain forwarder in Plesk?

Last edited:
Back