• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved NextCloud, WebDAV, upload errors for large files

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I've a problem with NextCloud (installed using Plesk's extension) and WebDAV connection.
If I try to upload a "large" file (e.g. 800MB) I receive the "server error".
2020-08-21_09-41-08.png

I've tried to search a solution on the NextCloud community forum and it seems that the issue is fixed if I change the default value in the “client_max_body_size".
So, how can I change “client_max_body_size" on Plesk?
What is the exact configuration to set in the "Additional nginx directives" (or in the "Panel.ini Editor")?
Last but not least, is there a maximum value not to be exceeded for safety reasons? For example, is dangerous if I set a value of 10G (the same value that I set in the "upload_max_filesize" for the PHP settings)?

Thanks.

These are the errors in the logs:
Code:
2020/08/21 10:09:43 [error] 111111#0: *22222 client intended to send too large body: 3333333 bytes, client: [myIP], server: nextcloud.[mydomain].com, request: "PUT /remote.php/dav/files/test/test.zip HTTP/2.0", host: "nextcloud.[mydomain].com"

2020/08/21 10:09:43 [error] 111111#0: * 22222 client intended to send too large body: 3333333 bytes, client: [myIP], server: nextcloud.[mydomain].com, request: "PUT /remote.php/dav/files/test/test.zip HTTP/2.0", host: "nextcloud.[mydomain].com"

2020/08/21 10:09:44 [error] 111111#0: * 22222 client intended to send too large body: 3333333 bytes, client: [myIP], server: nextcloud.[mydomain].com, request: "PUT /remote.php/dav/files/test/test.zip HTTP/2.0", host: "nextcloud.[mydomain].com"

If I use this instruction on Panel.ini (using "Panel.ini Editor" extension) is safe or could create issues on the server?
Code:
[webserver]
nginxClientMaxBodySize =

Is there a way to setting the "client_max_body_size" for a single hosting and and not the whole server (using for example "Additional nginx directives")?

Back