• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

nginx 502 Bad Gateway Error

PriyanA

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

If I change any Service Plans for any website from the Panel, ALL THE OTHER website on the server stops and return "502 Bad Gateway - nginx" Error until the Service Plan process completed in the panel.

Is this normal behavior of the Plesk Panel 12?

Thank you.

-------
OS CentOS 6.5 (Final)

Plesk version 12.0.18 Update #41
--------

If I change any Service Plans for any website from the Panel, ALL THE OTHER website on the server stops and return "502 Bad Gateway - nginx" Error until the Service Plan process completed in the panel.

Is this normal behavior of the Plesk Panel 12?

Yes, this behaviour is absolute normal. Please keep in mind, that the service plan changes result in a re-configuration of the depending webserver configurations, where all files are rebuild based on the service plan settings - during this short time, you might experience such issues.

Thank you IgorG and UFHH01.

IgorG, above solution didn't work.

Why this changing Service Plan to one website affect the ALL OTHER WEBSITES on the server?

Are there any solution for this?

I just tried via a "Customer Login", just changing SSL to "default certificate" to "Not Selected" have the same affect on ALL OTHER WEBSITES - return "502 Bad Gateway - nginx" :eek:

This is really bad! If you have many Customers login to Plesk Panel and changing setting on there websites. ALL OTHER WEBSITES will return a "502 Bad Gateway - nginx" :(

Last edited:
Hi PriyanA,

you are trying to reproduce the 502 - error in combination with the setting changes, but you seem to ignore, that a nginx reload/restart is done within seconds. Even with 300 domains on one of my servers, we never got any complaint about the non-availability of any domains, because of 1 or 2 seconds downtime, during the last years. Webserver reloads/restarts are necessary when you change webserver configuration files and can't be avoided. Compare such downtimes to the rest of the year and you still have a 99,99 percent uptime. :)

Hi UFHHH01,

Thabnk you for your reply.

Of cause! I tried to reproduced the "502 Bad Gateway - nginx" error via a Customer Panel to see how far its goes :)

I don't have 300 websites running on a server. I have 4 VPSs running about 10 websites each but all of them are e-commerce websites (Magento).

First noticed the issue when a customer asked me about emails he has received regarding failied Cron Jobs (of cause Magento Crons) and lucky I remembered at that same time I was changing some "Service Plan" settings on that Server.

Priyan A

Back