• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question nginx caching - what is recomended setup? wordpress+woocommerce

dariusju

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
latest
i failing to search final result that suits this combo: wordpress+woocommerce, to get best cache experience.

1. proxy mode - is required?
2. cache size and timeout - what optional values?
3. request cookies - what to fill? out of the box wordpress comes without cookies, but when i add something in cart i get wp_woocommerce_session_f3c93297f61498596480ad849b10163c
woocommerce_cart_hash
woocommerce_items_in_cart
an woocomerce cokie remains all the time so all the time after i add to cart page will not be cashed for me?
4. locations, do i need fill something or wordpress already send no-cashe headers?
5. any Additional nginx directives?

1696919508905.png

I've been looking for a concrete solution for the same stack (Plesk Obsidian + Nginx proxy + WooCommerce).

I found this interesting article that warns about if/when to use Nginx cache: Enabling nginx caching

I deduce that we should be looking for another solution, like WP Super Cache, WP Rocket, or something else tailored for WP/Woo. Sorry I don't have a definitive answer as I am still doing some research. I've been reading various documentation for weeks and its a lot to digest.

Can a Plesk expert chime in on the benefit of installing memchached for dynamic content on Wordpress+WooCommerce? From my research, it seems that object cache would help with dynamic content while Cloudflare will help with static content. I found a decent guide on installing memechaced via Plesk, but I need some insight as I don't want to deal with removing if it doesn't work as expected.

does anyone here as a answer to this? I really need to improve my woocommerce performance. page loading times etc. using Plesk

I have setup cloud flare free plan and connected to Plesk via the cloud flare sync plugin (had some bugs with automatic syncing, so I just click it manually as needed). Then I installed and configured Super Page Cache for Cloudflare by Optimal (Super Page Cache for Cloudflare). The documentation was concise and I was able to verify it working. Unless you're using CloudFlare APO or some other advanced configuration, this plugin is a great open source solution for caching your static content.

As for database content, my next mission is to do some research on Redis implementation.

Side note: For anyone selling digital download content, consider the S3, especially for a lot of small files that have low or no cost for storage. I use a paid plugin (Amazon S3 Storage - WooCommerce Marketplace) which allows much easier management of files. I could easily use Transmit for Mac or S3 Browser for Windows and make updates to digital products without touching media library, keeping it cleaner.

Back