• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Nginx | Subdomains

devCUSoft

New Pleskian
I upgraded to 11.09 cause I was pleasantly surprised to see the Nginx addition and wanted to give a twirl on 2 of my Plesk servers. All of my other servers are pure Nginx, rather then proxies with Apache, I prefer just Nginx as it is much faster and handles PHP better when properly configured .

Anyway first thing I noticed is static files are not served on some of my sites as well as friendly URLs with say wordpress. Now this is standard configuring in Nginx and I am just starting to play with the custom nginx vhosts to get that all working, kinda fun for me actually to play with. So just wanted to let Plesk know that this is an issue. I understand the nginx default vhosts are probably bare bones so I am happy to add my own custom configurations and directives to my location and server blocks btu why does it have to be so difficult? Cant you guys add templates into the control panel itself? Anyway Ill be posting my work at my site devcu, hope to help some users who are going to take this path ion their server.

My main question is none of my subdomains are working now. I did notice that the upgrade changes subdomains to have their own DNS but where and how can I check up and make sure it all gets configured properly? All my subdomains, no matter the main domain point to the servers host name domain. The DNS records are there as well as all the subdomain includes. I checked them and everything is still as it was basically but for none of them working. Any ideas here?

Thanks

I am pretty sure the current nginx version on plesk is a test and for preview purposes. However after they do there analysis to see how it reacts with certain parts of the server, like sub-domains++ then they will realize a version that actually puts nginx to a purpose as opposed to now where its just good for nothing with a default installation.

I understand that but even with the Nginx component disabled my subdomains are all dead after the upgrade to 11.09.
I plan on backing up my data and recreating them to see if that fixes the issue but I shouldnt have to.
Plesk needs to make better upgrade scripts and modules. This is certainly not the first and only problem reported by a Plesk upgrade.

Have you already run:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

That will help rebuild the vhosts of all your domain names and subdomain names.

Back