• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No IP choice while migrating from Plsk 12.018 to Plesk 12.4

AmaZili Communication

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I am continuing our server migration (centos6 Plesk 12.0.18 to Centos7 Plesk 12.5) and I face one issue with IP choice.

I have a 12.5 server with multiple dedicted IP's.
Previously I had one shaed IP on the 12.018 server.

When I migrate from the old to the new server, I can only choose between the dns herited domain IP (managed outside plesk) called Auto or the server shared IP.

I would like to be able to choose the one address in my pool of dedicated addressesI want to dedicate to this domain (and that I will change DNS records after the migration).

I did migration twice, first batch to the shared server IP then change domain address to my dedicated choice IP, then migrate again to get mails.

Am I misunderstanding something or misusing the 12.5 panel ?

Thanks for help.

Hello,

Do I correctly understand that on the source server you have several domains hosted on shared IP address, and after migration you want to get some of them on different dedicated IP addresses? Could you please clarify the scenario?

Currently, if you migrate from GUI you can map one source shared IP address to another target shared IP address, one source dedicated IP address to another target dedicated IP address. There is no way to perform IP type changes and per-domain selection of IP addresses. However that is available from command-line interface. Here is a post describing how to use CLI http://talk.plesk.com/threads/migration-transfer-manager-missing.335372/#post-789322. I could provide you with more details on IP mapping, if you are interested in.

However, if you have few domains to migrate, it could be more simple to change IP address after migration through Plesk UI.

Also, "Auto" IP address means that Plesk Migrator will select an IP address on the destination itself. For example:
- if domain was hosted on shared IP - it will select a shared IP address
- if it was on dedicated IP - it will try to select a free dedicated IP, and if there are no more free dedicated IPs on target, fall back to a shared IP.
That option is not related to DNS.

As for DNS: DNS records are always automatically updated to new IP addresses, regardless of a way you change IP - during migration, or when reconfiguring a domain from Plesk.

Thanks Alexey for your reply.

To clarify, I want to move from server A to server B
A is Centos6 Plesk 12.0.18, B is Centos7 Plesk 12.5.

On A, I run multiple domains hosted around the same shared IP.
On B I want to run each domain with its dedicated IP.

With the current migration tool, I can only choose between auto and the server shared adbress.

What I did was exactly what you suggested, migrate using the shared IP and fix the IP to the dedicated later on, and I was wondering if there was a better way.

Hope this helps other people.

Thanks for clarification.
Unfortunately there is no better way for GUI. But if you have many domains to migrate, it makes sense to get used to CLI. We are currently improving documentation, and soon there will be a section describing advanced IP mapping with CLI. Briefly, you could add "IPv4: dedicated" or "IPv4: <some-of-your-destination-IPs>" line before each of subscription in migration list. Let me know if you need more details or examples.

Alexey,

I will go for the automatic then remapping way for this time, since there is not that many domains to reconfigure on this server.

I will look forward for the CLi way next time.

Thanks for help.

BTW : It would be handy, nice to have a way to enter blocks of IP's at one time in the GUI (like XX.XX.XX.XX/27)...

Back