• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Not sure where to post questions about PPA... Mine has an issue

Josh_Henry

New Pleskian
Hey,
I don't know where else to go. The support has ended for this product and we have 500 domains on here with more people coming in all the time.
However I'm having problems adding accounts. When I try to "Change system user settings" un Creating a new Webspace, I get "
Unable to validate this field: The backend utility raised the error: Connection to the agent at '' failed."

I have no idea where to start troubleshooting this. When support was there it was excellent, issues like this would have been taken care of right away.

Also, was trying to migrate some domains to a new email server using the ppa-move-subscriptions script provided by parallels. However that is erroring as well. With a great error:

ppa-move-subscriptions copy-mail-content config.ini --move-list-file migrate-nodes/move-list.xml
[INFO] Initialize migrator
[INFO] All temporary data files will be placed in '/opt/panel-migrator/sessions/migrate-nodes'
[INFO] PPA management node: 123.123.123.123
[INFO] PPA Plesk URL: https://123.123.123.123:8443/enterprise/control/agent.php
[INFO] Move list from 'migrate-nodes/move-list.xml' is used
[INFO]
[INFO] START: copy mail content from source to target node
[INFO] Execute for subscriptions: 'test.com'
[INFO] Copy mail content of 'test.com' subscription
[ERROR] Failed to perform an action on subscription 'test.com'. Exception message:
[INFO] FINISH: copy mail content from source to target node
[INFO]
[INFO] ******************** Summary ********************
[INFO] Operation finished successfully for 0 out of 1 subscriptions

Argh. No idea there either!
I sure hope someone can help me out here or at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Hi,
So I figured out that creating the webspace was an issue because the webmail node was full. Weird that had such a huge effect on the creation of a web page, oh well.

However I'm still unable to migrate mail between two mail nodes. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can start troubleshooting this issue?

#
# ppa-move-subscriptions copy-mail-content migrate-nodes/migrate-nodes.ini --move-list-file migrate-nodes/move-list.xml
[INFO] Initialize migrator
[INFO] All temporary data files will be placed in '/opt/panel-migrator/sessions/migrate-nodes'
[INFO] PPA management node: 123.123.123.123
[INFO] PPA Plesk URL: https://123.123.123.123:8443/enterprise/control/agent.php
[INFO] Move list from 'migrate-nodes/move-list.xml' is used
[INFO]
[INFO] START: copy mail content from source to target node
[INFO] Execute for subscriptions: 'domain.com'
[INFO] Copy mail content of 'domain.com' subscription
[ERROR] Failed to perform an action on subscription 'domain.com'. Exception message:
[INFO] FINISH: copy mail content from source to target node
[INFO]
[INFO] ******************** Summary ********************
[INFO] Operation finished successfully for 0 out of 1 subscriptions
#
#

I don't have any error message to go by. Google isn't helping here at all. Product is out of support (well, $200 CDN per incident). It's on an EOL OS, so I can't upgrade anything. Ugh. Want to get clients off this node so I can shut it down.

Thanks.

Back