• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved One nameserver for all domains

Joey van Venrooij

New Pleskian
Dear people,

I want to put one nameserver for all domains using the hostname ns1.{hostname} this is because my domain name registar does not allow templates for nameserver and its alot of work per domain to change those settings. I would like to use the nameserver in plesk but thats not possible this way.

so for example I would like ns1.hostname.com and not ns1.domainname.com

In advance thanks for the help

If I understand you right goto your:

Plesk Panel > Tools Settings > General Settings > DNS Template > change NS record type to your needs > Apply DNS Template Changes

see also the detailed documentation: DNS Template

so in your example it would look like: <domain>. NS ns1.hostname.com

keep in mind, many registrars require the registrant to provide the addresses of at least two separate name servers.

Last edited:
Hello brujo,

My problem is that in the DNS template it always wants to append the domain name how can I prevent this. I would like ns1.hostname.com and not ns1.currentdomain.com

And yes after I got it working without the domain name of the current domain appended I wil setup a slave name server.

My problem is that in the DNS template it always wants to append the domain name how can I prevent this.

How you have done it?

as I wrote above -> In the DNS Template for example:

upload_2018-6-1_13-2-46.png

after you click ok your adjusted DNS Template for Domains should look like
upload_2018-6-1_13-7-30.png

and after you apply the changes of the DNS Template it should look in the dns Zones of Domains/ Subscription like:

yourdomain.com. NS ns1.hostname.com.

Last edited:
Back