• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue one of three Plesk FTP-Backups jobs did not run

Nextgen-Networks

Basic Pleskian
... but the other 2 jobs did run on regular base.
Even an manual start of the backup job that does not run on regular base did succeed. ^^

The only problem is that the regular job is not running and has to be started by hand...
(see attached image)

Product: Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #58
Backup target: remote FTP-Storage (for all above mentioned backups / was available all the time)

Any ideas on how to face that situation or maybe possible solution?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2019-06-25 backups.jpg
    2019-06-25 backups.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 6
Maybe cron daemon is down ?

Maybe scheduled backup has some option marked as "not start if not have X% of space" this happen some times

That are 2 common problems I see

Under "Schedule" please check whether the backup job is set to "active". It is the first checkbox in the upper left corner. Easily overlooked.

Under "Schedule" please check whether the backup job is set to "active". It is the first checkbox in the upper left corner. Easily overlooked.

Hello Peter,

I've disabled and later enabled the backup job we talk about some days ago to be sure there is no problem with the state shown in frontend.
To sum up: Jipp, the job was and is in active state.

Attachments

• 2019-06-26 plesk list of bkp jobs.jpg
    2019-06-26 plesk list of bkp jobs.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 3
Maybe cron daemon is down ?

Maybe scheduled backup has some option marked as "not start if not have X% of space" this happen some times

That are 2 common problems I see

Hello Ohya,

thanks for your feedback.

Available space should be no problem (there is more than 4 times the space left that is needed for backup creation).
Manual started backups are successful too - therefore it shouldn't be a space problem.

Cron deamon also seems to work well because of the other scheduled and successful backups and other jobs.

@Peter Debik

Ohh hell - after hours of testing i got the solution ...

... maybe you should update your FAQ or better present a info message to admins if the do what i did ...

Here is the situation:
The backup of the subscription has the same name like a internal domain that is not used.
Because it is not used I suspended that internal domain sometime in the past (do not remember the exact date).

BUT: if that domain is suspended the backup job won't start - therefore the complete subscription will not backed up.

Now after reactivating the internal domain backup is running as smooth as in the past.

@Peter Debik

Ohh hell - after hours of testing i got the solution ...

... maybe you should update your FAQ or better present a info message to admins if the do what i did ...

Here is the situation:
The backup of the subscription has the same name like a internal domain that is not used.
Because it is not used I suspended that internal domain sometime in the past (do not remember the exact date).

BUT: if that domain is suspended the backup job won't start - therefore the complete subscription will not backed up.

Now after reactivating the internal domain backup is running as smooth as in the past.

Test for sharing solutions, Its sonds like a bug.

Back