• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Onedrive backup fails

fruf

Basic Pleskian
I have a strange problem on two servers /both VPS, Debian 9.13 + plesk 18.0.35/. A weekly backup is scheduled with Onedrive as Remote Storage. It’s been working this way for years now but suddenly I started the receive error messages like this:

Unable to create the remote backup: Transport error: Extension transport: ext://one-drive-backup/server/: Microsoft OneDrive returns the error: Unable to initialize RPS
If I check the Remote Storage Settings Onedrive Backup is not configured.

I reconnected Onedrive multiple times, after that the previous backups show up in Backup Manager, the last one with the error is smaller than the good ones and everything seems the be OK but with the next backup the Onedrive connection is lost again.

What could be the problem?

I reconnected Onedrive multiple times,
Did you reconnect OneDrive account here Tools & Settings > Backup Manager > Remote Storage Settings > Microsoft OneDrive Backup ?

Thanks for the response, as I wrote I did that multiple times, after that everything seems to work but only until the next scheduled run, when that happens the backup stops somewhere in the middle, I receive the error message and at the Remote Storage settings Onedrive shows not configured status again.

I have four servers with Plesk, I had this problem on all of them but on two setting the Remote Storage up again helped and since then the backup is working ,on the other two the error keeps coming back.

Hi

I have the same issue, I have 3 servers, two of them on Debian, one on Centos. Backups on that two with Debian are not larger then 1GB so the backup runs without issues, but on this Centos the backup is larger then 5GB and I get this issue

Unable to create the remote backup: Transport error: Extension transport: ext://one-drive-backup/server/: Microsoft OneDrive returns the error: Unable to initialize RPS

Partial backup without emails that is not Larger as that 1-2 GB goes well but when the backup is larger then that 1-2GB then I get this issue - it looks like onedrive close the connection to receive all backup files during the upload. This issue I get after updating to Pleas 18.0.35

Hi I have also tried to restart server, and then do the backup manually, at the first moment it was look ok, but after a while I get the same error

Backup Task May 1, 2021 11:15 AM Details​

Warning:

Hi
So as a final result it looks like below: backup saved on server is ok, but on OneDrive is uncompleted

server
May 1, 2021 11:15 AMManual Backup. All configuration and content.5.15 GB
undefined
May 1, 2021 11:15 AMManual Backup. All configuration and content.
In the storage: Microsoft OneDrive Backup
2.83 GB

Hi, today I have made manually the backup and it goes with success to OneDrive, more or less 5.15 GB , can you double check on your servers ?

Last edited:
Hi friends.

I have had the same problem for a month and something ... I have several DEDICATED servers where I have OneDrive configured with automatic backup. I have it for free without paying for said application.

I thought that it would be necessary to buy this extension, possibly because they have paid it in full, I do not know.

The problem is when it performs a backup automatically. If you run a copy manually, you don't have the problem.

To rule out some kind of problem, is there anyone who pays for this app and is getting this error? If so, we are talking about the application having an error and no solution has been provided.

If it only happens to users who have a free version, we already know where the problem is, we must go to the paid application.

Hi pals

I have backup app in free version, but OneDrive in paid option, since yesterday it looks that in my case this issue has gone, so it suggest me that there was some issue with OneDrive. I have also saw that other services that are using OneDrive as a file storage (not Plesk, etc.) have the same issue, so maybe MS do something on their end, maybe try to reconnect to double check now. I will be back here if I meet again this issue on my servers.

Regards

So this problem has disappeared paying for the application?

If so, I was afraid of this, that something so simple and good was free. They may have turned off the tap on free users in "automated" processes. Possibly due to misuse of the service or namely...

Hi, I think that it is not related, I get this issue when I was already with paid OneDrive more then 1 year

So you have this problem with the paid version too. You will have to speak with Microsoft and the department or company that manages this extension.

I have wait that few days and since yesterday everything is fine, so I will wait one more week if I do not meet again this issue I will assume that there was something with OneDrive

I my opinion you should maybe try to reconnect Plesk backup app with OneDrive again today and double check with scheduled backup, for test with setup in nearest future like in next 10 minutes - just to double check, if still not work then talk with MS, I do not see if they do any ToS updates that you cannot use OneDrive for your server backups

Hello again.

:pAfter several barking and removing several ticks from my server, it works.

After making the connection again this problem has disappeared. I have made a manual copy where before it gave problems, now not. It seems that this problem has disappeared.

Back