• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Only Application "Wordpress" slow Plesk 12.x

Arnold_van_Blanken

New Pleskian
Hi,

I`ve got a problem with plesk when hosting Wordpress, when using Wordpress navigating between the pages (front-end and back-end) server time seems to be 15 sec.

I`ve checked CPU usage and that stays under 5%.

When I install Drupal or Concrete5 or any other application that uses PHP with MYSQL it runs very fast.
I`ve already fine-tuned PHP / Apache2 / Nginx & Mysql to get the max possible performance out of it.

What i`m using for hardware:
i7 920 2.6Ghz
24GB Ram
LSI Raid controller 9260-8i
RAID 10, 6 WD Black disks (internal speed goes about 450mb/sec)
RAID 1, 2 x Samsung SSD Evo 840

Software:
ESXI 5.5, optimised for maximum performance. (no standard config)
PLESK VM has 8 cores, 16GB Ram and I/O access priority set to max.

If I move the PLESK VM to the SSD datastore it makes no difference..
Again, the problem only happens when i`m installing Wordpress..
I Also did a manual install of Wordpress, same issue..

Can somebody give me any advice on what to do next?
I`m going to try the older version of Wordpress (3.9) so see i`m having the same problems..

Using the latest plesk 12 on Ubuntu 14 with trail license at the moment.

This may be a bit late but are you using a custom theme? Have you tried using the default theme with all plugins enabled? You have a pretty beefy node so and since other PHP/MySQL applications run well this points to either a processing configuration problem or perhaps an issue with a basic theme itself.

No, I just install the standard application wordpress via the plesk panel.. right after installing it, it is very slow,,
I`ve also installed a wordpress 3.7.5 installation (made a copy from a live domain/site).. and that one is very very fast..

Ok, I think I figured it out.. there seems to be a incompatibility with the Sophos UTM "Anti-Port" scan feature & Wordpress 4.0 / 4.1.
When I enable it (there is a firewall present between the WAN & PLESK, I`m using the NAT Manager) server time goes up to about 15 sec,, when I disable the Anti-Port scanner it is only 0.2 sec..

Congratulations on tracking this one down although admittedly no search results came up that indicate a widespread issue.

Thanks, nice work on plesk 12! I`m planning to buy a license for one year..
Another question, is there some good documentation for clustering several Plesk servers?

Plesk is not clustered system. You can just run mysql or email on separate server, for example. Also you can try to use Virtozzo failover clustering solution based on Virtuozzo containers. More details you can find in Virtuozzo documentation.
Also look at Plesk Automation. Maybe this Parallels product would be more suitable for your requirements.

Back