• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

open_basedir restriction in effect. File error

E

empireweb

I have 2 sites running the same script, I installed the script on the first site and noticed I had the Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. error. I created the vhost.conf on the first one, since I could not find a way to fix the error, I went ahead and updated plesk to version 9.0.
The first site is working fine now, I figured everything would be fine, I installed the same script on the other site and I am getting the same error. I created the vhost.conf on the second site with same information as the previous and still getting an error, can anyone help me??

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File

I have noticed one thing though when I run phpinfo.php on both domains, the domain that is working has the directive
open_basedir with no value on the local and master value.

while the domain that has the error has the directive open_basedir with /var/www/vhosts/bootycallnight.com/httpdocs:/tmp for the local value and none for the master value

I would appreciate any help, if not I am thinking of changing my hosting.

after you manually changed the vhost.conf did you reconfigure it and restarted/reloaded apache ?

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=bla.com

Brujo

Thank you for the tip Brujo. I had to call my vps provider for the root password, since I didn't have it. Once I ran the command you gave me, it worked fine. thank you again

Back