• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Outlook cannot connect to SMTP/Outgoing mail all of a sudden.

Craig1986

Basic Pleskian
I currently run 2 websites (and their associated emails) on a VPS. I then use Outlook for my email needs.

I have not had any problems in sending and receiving emails up until today. I sent 6 emails, one after another, where the first 5 went through but the last one stays in the Outbox until it triggers an error, saying that Outlook cannot connect to the outgoing SMTP.

I have not changed any settings on the server or within the Outlook programme.

I have tried another computer as well as creating a new profile but still have the same issue. I am able to receive emails but now cannot seem to send.

Does anyone know how I am able to find out where the issue is and how I may be able to resolve this issue?

@Mark Muyskens ... Thanks for your time and apologies for the late response.

Turned out, there was an issue with the Router. What had happened, was that I was making amendments to one of the websites on the VPS which triggered a temporary 'err_connection_reset' page. Even when I fixed the website issue, the page was still being generated when connected to the same Router. I simply turned off the Router for 10 minutes. Then upon turning the Router back on, the website reappeared together with the emails being sent successfully.

I can only assume the email issue was linked to this. Should anyone experience something similar to me, just try turning off your Router for 10 minutes and see if that solves your issue.

I have no idea why this occurred but the problem has been solved now!

Thanks, once again, for your time!

Last edited:
Back