• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Overuse policy question.

HHawk

Regular Pleskian
I have a quick question about Plesk's "Overuse policy".

We normally use the option "Overuse is not allowed" on all our servers. And we also set the option "
Notify when disk space usage reaches at 85%".

Will this still mean that the user will get an email to their address when they are passing the 85%?
I am asking this because with the other two policy options it says and I quote: "Notify me by email in cases of overuse."

While there is nothing mentioned about an email when you select "Overuse is not allowed".
So, even though we chose this policy, it will still mean they will get a notification by email (when they pass the 85%), right?

Maybe I am thinking to difficult, but it wasn't very clear for me and I want to make certain. Thank you.

Well, notification "Notify me by email in cases of overuse." is actual only for two allowed overuse cases because will be sent when overuse event really occurs.
The notifications "Notify when disk space usage reaches (85%)" will be sent in any case to the users or email addresses specified at Tools & Settings > Notifications: Resource usage limits exceeded by subscription:

The '<domain_name>' subscription, owned by user '<user_contact_name>', is approaching or already exceeded the resource usage limits:
<resource_table>

Back