• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Parallels Panel key update deferral notification

Keys are installed without corresponding packages and tries to be updated. Updates were fail with these notifications. Seems it is clear.

ok. for some reason this was not a problem on 10.3.x ...

in any case, it would help a lot is "an error occurred" was replaced by something a little more informative about exactly what problem was detected with the keys, or at least where to look for the problem diagnostic (like the name of the log file where the actual error can be found).

this would save a lot of time to troubleshoot.

@PSi_101

you should probably do like what i did, i.e. go to "License Management" (in Home > Tools and Settings), click the tab "Additional Keys", and remove the key for "linuxmagic-magicspam".

this package may have been installed on your system, but it is not installed anymore, causing that key problem.

or, install this "linuxmagic-magicspam" package.

I've got the magicspam key but no magicspam installed because I purchased a license for it but don't use it anymore.
If I delete the extra key, it will just re-add it next time it updates the license.

You can try it yourself....remove the key, then click on Retrieve keys. It'll pull the license back down again.

Key updating with or without the packages installed should work irregardless, it's called proper error handling!

Telling us that we shouldn't have a license for a package we haven't got installed is just copping out IMHO.

Last edited:
@IgorG

yes, what PSi_101 is correct:

each time i click "Retrieve Keys", my "gameserver" key gets re-created. so it will causes the "key update deferral notification" message again.

really it is a bug in plesk. when a key is present and the corresponding package is not installed, the key should be ignored, and there should be no "key update deferral notification" email sent every night.

Here's something interesting.
So I gave up and just installed the package for MagicSpam but disabled it (since I was getting the magicspam key update errors).....and guess what, the key update still failed.

2012-02-10T06:25:04+11:00 ERR (3): KeyUpdate Result code: 2 Preparation error
2012-02-10T06:25:04+11:00 ERR (3): KeyUpdate Result desc: Product "linuxmagic-magicspam" not installed

ii magicspam-plesk 1.0.5-3 MagicMail spam protection module for Plesk

same problem here.

i have a couple of keys for packages that are not installed, and this causes me to receive this email message every night since the last update (#27).

I use Plesk panel 10.4.4 Update #27, last updated at April 26, 2012 04:03 AM

Previously i was able to prevent this message by removing the keys, but apparently this update caused my keys to be re-installed, and some of my keys are for packages not installed.

this is really annoying.... inability to update a key for a package not installed should be silently ignored.

Hello, Gents. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Plesk Service Team is working on the issue. Solution will be delivered by the 10.4 MU#15, 10.2 MU#15, 10.3 MU#17 and 10.0 MU#12 next week.

Please install and check. Your feedback is quite appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. 10.4 MU#14 fixes one particular case with KAV but there are different cases when the issue can happen. It will be fixed next week.

The problem has existed since the 9.X version.
I Need solution for the Version 9.5.4!!!! Since 1.5 years!!!!!!! NO SOLUTION!

And all of the KB didn't help!

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=260065

i still have the problem

i received an email today: "Parallels Panel key update deferral notification".

this is so annoying...

Parallels Plesk Panel daily maintenance script establishes a connection with the Parallels Licensing server and initiates periodic license update procedures based on the current date and the last update time from the /etc/sw/keys/registry.xml file. A successful license update procedure /etc/sw/keys/registry.xml is getting updated with the new license update time. Parallels Panel key update deferral notification can be received in case key cannot be upgraded due to connection failure with the Key Authority server.
Have you checked it http://kb.parallels.com/en/111198 ?
What sort of results?

IgorG,

from what i understand, the problem is that i have a key that is for a package that is not installed. When the keys are retrieved, this key is retrieved, and when this key is present, key update fails.

my understanding is that when this happens, i have to go an manually delete the key for which the package was not installed. i'm tired of having to do that. the bug should be fixed, i.e. key update should just ignore cases of keys with no installed packages.

Back