• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Password Protecting an Entire Domain?

M

mikerbrs

Is their a way to password protect an entire domain? Or at least the root of the domain? I've tried many different directory names in the Protect Directories folder, and have yet to see a login.

as far as I can see protecting the entire httpdocs directory is not possible...

Have you tried using an .htaccess file to require login?

Originally posted by alex042
Have you tried using an .htaccess file to require login?

I think IIS does not support .htaccess (that's an apache feature IMHO)

I tried to create a protected dir inside plesk 7 controlpanel

I think IIS does not support .htaccess (that's an apache feature IMHO)
That's probably true. I didn't even notice this was in the windows forum. Duh.

I'm not sure Plesk has this ability within the control panel itself though. You'll probably have to do this manually from within windows or via a login script of some sort. If the script has an index page, it should automatically run the script if someone tries to browse that directory (or the root of the domain in this case).

any luck with this? i'm searching for the same thing..

seems odd how you can do directories but not the root directory?

I ended up using IISPassword, which gives you .htaccess files under IIS. There's no user/password integration with Plesk, but since it's just .htaccess I was able to enhance my application to handle user management itself.

I had this happenning everytime I create a domain on the plesk window server.

The only way to get ride of the password protected is to disable frontpage for the entire site.

Go to plesk control panel and under the domain setup remove all FrontPage support options.

This should be doing the trick...!

Back