• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Passwords problem

Another_Omeka_User

Basic Pleskian
I also tweeted to Plesk support about this.

Here's the issue. There's some kind of discrepancy between passwords for accessing the mariadb and the Plesk installation. I don't know what I did wrong, but the only way I can solve the issue is by constantly manually updating the admin password at command line after every Plesk update. I can also "break" Plesk by trying to go to phpMyAdmin from within the Plesk panel. If I do that, then I get the admin@localhost denied error even on the panel page, then I have to go in again at command line and reset the admin user password.

So can someone tell me: is Plesk doing something with the password every time it updates or starts up phpMyAdmin? Are there two separate places where I need to change the main admin password?

Whenever you use command line are you using the psa shadow? For example, just connecting to the database as root:

Code:
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

Or how are you trying to access the database if not through command line?

The password used for the database is always encrypted too so if you need to access it without psa shadow you can issue the follow command to get the plain text hash to use to sign in instead:

Code:
cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow

Thanks for the response. I still haven't found a solution yet.

I can access the database fine via the command line. The issue seems to be something with the admin user passwords. All I'm trying to do is access phpMyAdmin through the Plesk panel, that's when the "break" occurs. I can reset the password at command line, and that works temporarily fine, but then if I go in to the panel and try to go again to phpMyAdmin the same thing happens. So basically, I cannot access phpMyAdmin at all at the moment.

I think you misunderstood scsa20. Plesk takes the Plesk-Admin-Password, encrypts it, uses this outcome of encryption and writes the encrypt-String in the mentioned file /etc/psa/.psa.shadow. So after Plesk sets this Password you should use the given command-line
Code:
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

to Access the mysql database. If this works fine the Access via phpMyAdmin works as well.

Back