• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue PHP 5 from OS vendor to 7.4 or 7

mdraselkhan

New Pleskian
Hello, I'm using Plesk Obsidian for Linux. How can I update PHP 5 OS vendor to 7.4 or 7? Because when I try to install Softaculous it's saying PHP OS Vendor must have to install. But nowhere is can see only PHP 5 OS Vendor, If I enable this outdated PHP version getting enabled, that I do not want. I want the latest version of PHP OS Vendor.

1606886006554.png

PHP from OS vendor is from the OS repo,so if you have and old OS or CentOS then its PHP 5
You can for example install it and then disable it for hosting over Tools & Settings > PHP Settings, with this your customers cannot use it but Softaculous can

PHP from OS vendor is from the OS repo,so if you have and old OS or CentOS then its PHP 5
You can for example install it and then disable it for hosting over Tools & Settings > PHP Settings, with this your customers cannot use it but Softaculous can
I'm using the latest 7.9 centos. Anyway, I'm also thinking as you told me. Thanks!

You would need to migrate:

Test it with the disable option that I suggested above, it should work.

After reading some articles that I understand Plesk is more stable on CentOS 7 than 8.

Last edited:
The OS is mostly a taste option, that depends on your own needs.
I personally do use mostly Debian out of personal preference

Back