• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php applications

T

thonuz

I have fedora core 4 installed. And have noticed that none of my applications, in the application vault install anymore. It seems all but one needs php4 and fedora core has php5.
I really need these apps and would like to know if downgrading php5 to php4 is safe to do, also will I miss any advantages of php5?
My other option is to install suse 9.3 which has php4 I think.
Does anyone have a suggestion for this.
Plesk 8 is supposed to work with fedora core 4, but there was no warning that the site applications wont install. 20 new apps advertized, but I am down to the couple that use php4 ;*(

Thanks in advance

I am having similar troubles and was told this:

Specs:
Plesk version psa v8.0.0_build80060331.13 os_FedoraCore 4
Operating system Linux 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp

"""
Those requirements were taken from products' websites, but you can work them around with the following changes in /usr/local/psa/var/cgitory/$appname$/info:

<REQUIREMENTS>
<VERSION name="PHP" value="4.0.0" rel="ge">
</REQUIREMENTS>

Note, that $appname$ is the name of application needed to be installed. Also, please, note that we didn't test the application with your php version.
"""

When I open that file and look, this is what I see:

<REQUIREMENTS>
<APACHE_VHOST name="PHP" value="on" />
<DATABASE type="mysql" name="" username="" passwd="" host="localhost" port="4564" description="DATABASE.CAPTION" />
</REQUIREMENTS>
Do you think I could just change this value:
To this:
<APACHE_VHOST name="PHP" value="4.0.0" rel="ge"/>

Any help is surely appreciated.

Hi timgdixon,

I also recieved these instructions and it did not work for me. There are also other problems if this is the initial 1and1 fedora core 4 server.
I was told to re-image the server as it has the fixed newer kernel.
If you look using ssh, php3.4.5 is all there. The kernel is the culprit.
One other proble is if you have the wrong language link to 1and1. Then you know, its kernel upgrade time.

Hello thonuz,

Its frustrating to say the least that this was a purchased package that came with the 100 domain license and the only thing that sort of works is SpamAssassin, but then again you have to disable Dr.Web.

I'll keep you posted as to what I discover.

1and1 were aware of the problem and patched the kernel or something. I am having other issues. Now my domain users cannot log in to the control panel. Iv e gone through all the steps in plesk over again. I wonder if suse 9.3 is any better?
Anyway I am re-imaging this evening, hopefully all this will go away.

I have to manualy edit the info file for each so:
Do this in the info file. I had to figure out this myself.

<DATABASE type="mysql" name="" username="" passwd="" host="localhost" />
<VERSION name="PHP" value="4.1.0" rel="ge" />

As you can see the value needs to be 4.1, Swsoft said it should be 4.0. This is incorrect....
I tested this in for advancedpoll. Works fine.
Still no clue as to why I should have to do this on a clean re-image of Fedora Core 4

Thank you thonuz. So far I have pretty successfully installed 3 packages at random. They are listed below.

Working
/usr/local/psa/var/cgitory/$appname$/info
*info.xml*
<DATABASE type="mysql" name="" username="" passwd="" host="localhost" />
<VERSION name="PHP" value="4.1.0" rel="ge" />

The previous suggestion was to use this:

Not Working
<REQUIREMENTS>
<VERSION name="PHP" value="4.0.0" rel="ge">
</REQUIREMENTS>

Packages installed:
AdvancedPoll 2.03 - works fine
osCommerce 2.2ms2 - buggy, images are not appearing
PostNuke 0.761a - seems to be fine

Hopefully this will help others.

Thanks timgdixon. Your suggestion worked for WebCalendar as well.

Gents,

The thread worked for my 100 domain license on FC4 as well. However after an successful install i only get a blank page.

Check www.westvik.net/blog which should have been b2evolution. Any ideas on this?

Same also seem to go for apps which dossnt have the php bug.

Ray201,

Not sure if you have got something working after your post, but I see the opening page:

Welcome to b2evolution.....\
blah
blah
blah

I did mate,

I upgraded to Plesk 8.0.1 and poff. they all worked.

Cheers for your reply

Ray

No bother at all. I have a problem in that the packages seems to have broken image links all over the place (you know the red X) and I suppose its a path problem of some sort. Just haven't had the time to track it down.

Back