• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Contribution PHP Panda! Multi-PHP installer for Plesk

The Plesk PHP Panda (P3) is a suite of multiple PHP versions to an alternate location using redhats SCL structure, Allowing the default system version of PHP to remain in place. It is primarily
designed for Plesk hosting environments, but can be used on any RPM based system, including Redhat Enterprise Linux, Cloudlinux, and Centos.

Current Versions:
* PHP 5.6.0
* PHP 5.5.16
* PHP 5.4.32
* PHP 5.3.29 (Nucleus repo)
* PHP 5.2.17

The Plesk PHP Panda is designed to enable you to have per domain PHP options using FCGI mode in plesk. While I wrote this initially for plesk, its entirely possible that this could be installed on other systems, like cpanel or directadmin.

In plesk 11.5, under your Domain -> Hosting Settings you will see 2 new options for FCGI php:
- Atomic 5.2
- Atomic 5.3
- Atomic 5.4
- Atomic 5.5
- Atomic 5.6

PHP 5.2 is now available.

Installation:

1) Set up the atomic yum repository

wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh

2) Install the Panda

yum install plesk-php-panda

3) (Nucleus subscribers)
yum install plesk-php53-panda
PHP not index database in website VN

• I copied the ioncube-loader.ini file from /etc/php.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini to /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/etc/php.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini and restarted the httpd. The extension is still not loaded.
  • Then I modified the php.ini in the folder: /opt/atomic/atomic-php55/root/etc. I extended the file with the following line:zend_extension=/usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so
  • I then did: /etc/init.d/httpd stop and then start again

Hi,
i get an error for
yum install plesk-php-panda

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: atomic-php55-php-debuginfo-5.5.19-19.el6.art.x86_64 (atomic)
Requires: atomic-php55-runtime
Error: Package: atomic-php56-php-debuginfo-5.6.3-19.el6.art.x86_64 (atomic)
Requires: atomic-php56-runtime

? No package atomic-php55-runtime found...
regards

Hello AtomicTurtle
Since last 2 days I installed PHP 54., 5.5 and 5.6 with yum install plesk-php-panda but
I can not installl PHP 5.2 with yum install plesk-php52-panda

I tried again with command
wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh
yum update atomic-release

then
yum install plesk-php52-panda
which returns this:

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* atomic: mir01.syntis.net
* epel: mirror.de.leaseweb.net
* rpmforge: mirror.de.leaseweb.net
Setting up Install Process
No package php52-panda available.
Error: Nothing to do

Last week I did a test install with plesk-php-panda and plesk-php52-panda and everything worked perfectly
Please advise.

Hello
Thank you for making PHP52-Panda available again.
But it is most unfortunate that PHP 5.2 is now $99 per ip address without any prior notice that PHP52-Panda was being transfered to Nucleus.
Had I known of this in advance then I would not have re-imaged 2 of my servers.
I assure you, that last week I successfully installed PHP52-Panda on both my servers which I am continuing to test.
I merrily re-imaged to try out different configurations.

I feel very sad. I am kicking myself.
I feel very strongly that in the spirit of fairness, there ought to have been some reasonable notice that "from a certain date PHP5.2 will no longer be free and it will be available from Nucleus at $99 per ip address". A reason would also be helpful to understand.

You have been very helpful to the community worldwide with your tremendous contributions, priceless gifts in fact.
After giving a gift, it is a real pity to take back the gift.

By the way the reason I re-imaged the servers was because my "default" installation of PHP5.3.3 with Plesk 12 was automatically upgrading itself to PHP5.4.33. I was trying to investigate if the command
yum update atomic-release
was causing it.

I also encountered errors reported above with PHP55 and PHP56
Requires: atomic-php56-runtime
But this is now fixed. So thank for that.

Any chance you can make PHP52 available free for another week or untill the end on the month?
Please.
Pretty please with sugar on top?

Hello AtomicTurtle
I respectfully withdraw my request for access to a free version of PHP52-Panda

I have been testing 2 identical servers and I made alarming discoveries.
Installing Atomic PHP-Panda has adverse impact on the mysql memory usage and server memory usage.
The memory usage increases at an alarming high rate on the server with Atomic PHP-panda

I compiled PHP52 from source on both servers.
The server without Atomic PHP-Panda displays totally different and normal behaviour.
Memory usage remains steady and flat.

I think AtomicTurtle has a lot of expalining to do.
All the help and guidance is appreciated but is it not nice to discover negatives
I think the negatives should be disclosed

I think AtomicTurtle has a lot of expalining to do.
All the help and guidance is appreciated but is it not nice to discover negatives
I think the negatives should be disclosed

Hi,
I installed PHP Panda on our server (Centos 6.4 Final) with Plesk 11.0.9.
Then I've created a PHP wrapper for the specific domain (sections 4-7 on How to install and use two versions of PHP on the same Plesk 11.0 for Linux server),
but I'm keep getting error 500 and the error_log of the specific domain (in /var/www/vhosts/domain/statistics/logs/error_log) provides only the following error messages:
[Tue Nov 25 11:36:46 2014] [warn] [client X.X.X.X] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Tue Nov 25 11:36:46 2014] [error] [client X.X.X.X] Premature end of script headers: test.php

Any way to debug the problem?

Thanks!

Updates for PHP 5.6.4 and 5.5.20 are now available. PHP 5.4.36 is forthcoming, currently there is a blocking issue preventing it from building on El7 due to a Mariadb bug.

Hello,
I installed the panda php pakage and when i wanted install the php5 with this command "yum install plesk-php55-panda"
i got the error :

yum install plesk-php55-panda
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* atomic: mir01.syntis.net
* epel: epel.mirrors.ovh.net
No package plesk-php55-panda available.
Nothing to do.

i have CentOS 6.6 & Plesk 12.0.18

Back