• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php Safe mode and other things

Thanks for the reply,

Interesting the PHP script does not explicitly reference /var/tmp and line 5 is "session_start();" so that suggests /var/tmp is stored somewhere else. I'll follow the instructions on http://kb.swsoft.com/article_41_432_en.html although it seems a bit odd to have to do this for every domain. Do you know if there is a global variable/setting I could change to make this take effect server wide?

Many Thanks

No, there is no global way, as Plesk writes out an httpd.include file for every domain, which overrides any global settings.

Do you get these /var/tmp errors on other domains as well? You might want to find out why it's trying to use /var/tmp.

On my machines (CentOS) I have session.save_path = /var/lib/php/session. That's not in the open_basedir path, but apparently that is no problem. So I wonder why the PHP script tries to access /var/tmp.

OK I followed the instructions on and now I get
ERROR: PleskFatalException
Create ShortcutCreate Shortcut
Up LevelUp Level
Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache2.sh failed to start

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:151
psaerror(string 'Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache2.sh failed to start')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:28

I can't restart apache which is quite bad.

I think its a ***** that safe mode is on in all domains by default.

It was very nice to automate the creations of accounts, except that 80% of people then complaing that safe mode is on, so i have to manually log in and change that setting. This really sucks. PHP safe mode on should be by default off, or at least let us decide what we want on new domains created.

The good news is that in PHP6 safemode will be GONE GONE GONE