• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Feature Requests

Next to webalizer and awstats add modlogan ..
or just replace webalizer cause it sucks ;)

According to modlogan.org, it's no longer being maintained; and according to sf.net, the last release was January of '02. What would be the point of that?

adam

What's with ranting about Webalizer? There's nothing wrong with Webalizer... it's stable and collects all the stats most people would ever need. On that note... it collects the exact same stats as AWStats, accept the stupid resolution and Flash version, etc, which requires you to install JavaScript on your site ...

I personally dislike AWStats... it has a stupid ugly interface (programmer trying to be designer. At least Webalizer knows it's ugly), it's written in Perl and has historical security vulnerabilities...

~Matt Simpson

So far, I'm very new with Plesk, but the features I'd like to add to the list are:

- move mail storage under the domain's directory (where htdocs, subdomains, etc). This would put just about everything in the same location.

- built-in ability to have tagged spam moved to a different folder.

Db access upgrades

I want to second Cranky's suggestion of a need for more than one Db to be accessible to a single Db user through Plesk control panel.

For those like me who can't wait for that:

i found a workaround to the issue through the command line (SSH window) in Virtuozzo. Here's the skinny:

through plesk, create "database_a" and username "user1"

create "database_b" and no users

in SSH window:

mysql -uadmin -p

\\ login to mysql with user "admin@localhost"
\\ will prompt for password

enter password

\\ once logged into mysql:

use database_b;

\\ the following will grant select priveleges
\\ on all tables in database_b to user1

GRANT SELECT ON database_b.*
TO user1@localhost;

\\ now user1 will have select privileges to
\\ database_a AND database_b.
\\ (priveleges to db_a were granted in
\\ plesk.)

\\ replace SELECT with ALL to grant all
\\ privileges, or INSERT, UPDATE, etc,
\\ depending upon what priveleges you wish
\\ to grant.

Re: non-resolving email rejection

I would also like to see the ability to set mail preferences along with domain templates:
e.g. Standard user box, standard aliases for that box, (abuse, admin, info, postmaster, users choice)

ALSO, just in case anyone missed it on Cranky's list (thanks Cranky)
AWSTATS!!!!

aaabyss

Back